FREAKIN WEEKEND VIII: THE FINAL FREAK February 20 2017, 0 Comments
INTRODUCING... DEHD February 08 2017, 0 Comments
MORE LOVE FOR OUR FAV DUSTERS! February 06 2017, 0 Comments
It's Monday morning and we wish we were in Brooklyn. Why? Because YUCKY DUSTER is playing tonight at THE SILENT BARN and WE WANNA GO. But we can't, so you should go in our place and take lots of pictures and we will heart them all on Instagram and be like dang, we are v thankful for the ease with which the internet has brought distant experiences closer to home and we will smile and smile and we just won't be able to stop.
Turns out we're not the only people feeling this way in Nashville, cuz 50 Third and 3rd made "Duster's Lament" their song of the Day! They said "'Duster’s Lament' is a catchy, indie-pop diddy that leaves you feeling content- a happy and mellow punk-rock that leaves you reaching for the repeat button." Ain't that the truth. Check out the rest of their write up here and get some that Yucky Duster tape in yr life here!
Update: OH DANG! Radio K has beamed their Weekly Release Spotlight on Duster's Lament this week! Don't forget to keep callin and tweetin yr local college radio station and tellin em you wanna get DUSTY!!!
TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO SUPPORT BANDS ON BANDCAMP February 03 2017, 0 Comments
As a lot of you know, Bandcamp is donating their share of sales to the ACLU today, which is very cool. We aren't officially on Bandcamp, but a lot of the bands that we've worked with are, so we've compiled a list for those of you looking to support music and free speech today:
Big Surr: bigsurrisreal.bandcamp.com
Colleen Green: colleengreen.bandcamp.com
Cross Country: crossscountry.bandcamp.com
Cy Barkley: cybarkley.bandcamp.com
Daddy Issues: daddyissuesband.bandcamp.com
Dead Soft: deadsoft.bandcamp.com
Denny and the Jets: denneyandthejets.bandcamp.com
Diarrhea Planet: diarrheaplanet.bandcamp.com
Dion Lunadon: dionlunadon.bandcamp.com
Dirty Dreams: dirtydreams.bandcamp.com
Ed Schrader's Music Beat: edschradersmusicbeat.bandcamp.com
Faux Ferocious: fauxferocious.bandcamp.com
Fielded (Cake Bake Betty): fielded.bandcamp.com
Guerilla Toss: guerillatoss.bandcamp.com
King Bitch: kingbitchofficial.bandcamp.com
Left & Right: leftandright.bandcamp.com
Milk Dick: milkdick.bandcamp.com
Music Band: musicband.bandcamp.com
No Regrets Coyote: noregretscoyote.bandcamp.com
Rozwell Kid: rozwellkid.bandcamp.com
Slanted (Casey Weissbuch): slanted1.bandcamp.com
Spanish Candles: thespanishcandles.bandcamp.com
Stoneham Tapes (Breast Massage/old JEFF): stonehamtapes.bandcamp.com
Study Hall: sneakyeurekas.bandcamp.com
The City and I: thecityandi.bandcamp.com
Thunderzone (Juiceboxxx): thunderzoneusa.bandcamp.com
Toby Coke: tobycoke.bandcamp.com
Uncle Bad Touch: ubt-666.bandcamp.com
Wet Illustrated: wetillustrated.bandcamp.com
White Reaper: whitereaper.bandcamp.com
Yucky Duster: yuckyduster.bandcamp.com
DADDY ISSUES & DIET CIG JOINING FORCES! DIET DADS? CIGGY ISSUES? February 01 2017, 0 Comments
Hands down one of the best shows we went to last year was Daddy Issues and Diet Cig at The Masquerade in ATL. Both bands sounded great, the all-ages audience went NUTS (OURSELVES INCLUDED TBH), and there was even a Harry Potter dance party afterwards. We left wishing that everyone could have experienced the beautiful night that we had, AND NOW YOU CAN BECAUSE DADDY ISSUES IS JOINING DIET CIG ON THEIR SPRING TOUR!!! (Up to you to don some robes and host a Wizarding Ball though.)
Of course, in a few weeks, Daddy Issues will be out west with the always fantastic Tacocat. Check out those dates -- plus more from fellow ICat bands -- below and get yr tix now or forever hold yr peace!
2/17 - Dallas, TX @ Three Links - TIX*
2/18 - Austin, TX @ Barracuda - TIX*
2/20 - Santa Fe, NM @ Meow Wolf - TIX*
2/25 - Oakland, CA @ Noise Pop - TIX*
2/27 - Chico, CA @ Chico Womens' Club - TIX*
2/28 - Eugene, OR @ The Boreal - TIX*
3/1 - Tacoma, WA @ Real Art - TIX*
3/4 - Spokane, WA @ The Bartlett - TIX*
3/9 - Savannah, GA @ Savannah Stopover - TIX
3/16-18 - Austin, TX @ SXSW (Get Alternative Unofficial Showcase) - RSVP
4/5 - New Haven, CT @ Bar - TIX^
4/6 - Philadelphia, PA @ Boot & Saddle - TIX^
4/7 - Brooklyn, NY @ Baby's All Right (Early Show) - TIX^
4/8 - Allston, MA @ Brighton Music Hall - TIX^
4/10 - Montreal, QC @ Bar Le Ritz - TIX^
4/11 - Toronto, ON @ Drake Hotel - TIX^
4/12 - Rochester, NY @ Bug Jar^
4/13 - Washington, DC @ Rock & Roll Hotel - TIX^
4/14 - Richmond, VA @ Gallery 5 - TIX^
4/15 - Carrboro, NC @ Cat's Cradle - TIX^
4/18 - Orlando, FL @ Will's Pub - TIX^
4/19 - Tampa, FL @ New World Brewery - TIX^
4/20 - Tallahassee, FL @ Club Downunder^
4/21 - Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade - TIX^
4/22 - Charlotte, NC @ Snug Harbor - TIX^
4/14 - Washington, DC @ Rock and Roll Hotel - TIX
4/15 - Brooklyn, NY @ The Bell House - TIX
4/16 - Allston, MA @ Great Scott - TIX
4/17 - Montreal, QC @ Bar le "Ritz" P.D.B - TIX
4/19 - Toronto, ON @ Horseshoe Tavern - TIX
4/20 - Cleveland Heights, OH @ Grog Shop - TIX
4/21 - Chicago, IL @ Lincoln Hall - TIX
4/22 - St. Paul, MN @ Turf Club - TIX
4/25 - Seattle, WA @ The Crocodile - TIX
4/26 - Vancouver, BC @ Biltmore Cabaret - TIX
4/28 - San Francisco, CA @ Independent - TIX
4/29 - Los Angeles, CA @ Echo - TIX
4/30 - San Diego, CA @ Casbah - TIX
JEFF The Brotherhood
2/22 - Richmond, VA @ Strange Matter - TIX
2/24 - New York, NY @ Sunnydale - TIX
3/9 - Savannah, GA @ Savannah Stopover - TIX
3/10 - Charleston, NC @ The Royal American - TIX
3/18 - St. Louis, MO @ Off Broadway - TIX
Peach Kelli Pop
2/16 - Davenport, IA @ GAS Feed & Seed Fest - TIX
GET ALTERNATIVE, AUSTIN! January 31 2017, 0 Comments
The fine folks at The Alternative just announced their first ever SXSW (unofficial) showcase and DANG DID THEY NAIL IT ON THE FIRST TRY! Look at that poster, guys. I mean really look at it. Daddy Issues is playing with like every other band you like, it's only $5 a day, and it's ALL AGES. ALL AGES! AT SXS! If you're headed down to Austin, you know what you gotta do. RSVP on Facebook here.
Pre-SXSW, Daddy Issues will be headed west with our fav palindromic rock stars, Tacocat! Dates and tix for that are below. Catch em and maybe you'll get to hear a new song or two off their forthcoming album...
2/18 - Austin, TX @ Barracuda - TIX*
2/20 - Santa Fe, NM @ Meow Wolf - TIX*
2/25 - Oakland, CA @ Noise Pop - TIX*
2/27 - Chico, CA @ Chico Womens' Club - TIX*
2/28 - Eugene, OR @ The Boreal - TIX*
3/1 - Tacoma, WA @ Real Art - TIX*
3/4 - Spokane, WA @ The Bartlett - TIX*
LOOK OUT AUSTIN, IT'S ABOUT TO GET DUSTY! January 24 2017, 0 Comments
That's right, our friends in Yucky Duster are headed down to Austin as *official* SXSW artists. Fancy! That means, of course, that they're touring their way down from Brooklyn to Austin. If you've got anything they can hop on for the way down (specifically NOLA 3/14) or any unofficial shows during SXSW, please reach out to us or them.
In other YD news, Anthony Fantano reviewed Duster's Lament on The Needledrop last weekend, calling it a "five-song set of earnest, introspective indie rock and pop" and "a little punk, a little twee." He had a lot of great things to say about the cassette and its mix of personality and introspection, giving it a "light to decent 7" (lol) out of 10. You can peep the video on his website or below!
DON'T BE A DINGUS, THERE'S A FREE ROCK N ROLL SHOW TONIGHT! January 20 2017, 0 Comments
HEY NASHVILLE! I get it, we're the It City, there's a ton of stuff to do on the weekend and many Netflix shows to binge, but I'm tellin ya, THIS IS THE VERY BEST THING YOU COULD DO THIS WEEKEND.
Honestly, in general, the very best thing you could ever do is go to a free Daddy Issues show. But we hear that they're gonna have a very special guest on the drums tonight. A special guest whose name rhymes with Schmevan Schmird. From Schmiarrhea Schmanet. Plus, you have to wonder... Will they play new songs, from their top-secret-but-soon-to-be-released album? Well, we ain't gonna tell you! You'll just have to go and see for yourself! (BTW, if you haven't read Ruse Magazine's new feature on Daddy Issues yet, check it out here.)
PLUS, our dear friends in Savoy Motel are headlining! For those of you who have been living under a rock, that's Jess and Mimi from Heavy Cream's new band. And it rules. Not to mention the rest of the lineup, not to mention that they're gonna do it all over again with another free show on Saturday. C'mon! That's a no-brainer folks!
TUNE IN ALERT: THE SPECIAL WITHOUT BRETT DAVIS January 18 2017, 0 Comments
If you're in the New York area, make sure to TUNE IN to MNN tonight at 11 PM EST for The Special Without Brett Davis, featuring our very own YUCKY DUSTER as the musical guests! This week is hosted by, uh, Chris Hardwick and features comedians Nick Turner (Fallon, Comedy Central), Shalewa Sharpe, and Jeffrey Gurian (Jeffrey Gurian's Comedy Matters, Kroll Show) (okay that part is true), which means this is gonna be an all-around hilarious and happy show that you do not wanna miss (also true)!
You can attend live by emailing email@example.com and heading to the MNN Studios around 10:45 pm, or tune yr tv sets to MNN (that's TWC 67 & 1998; RCN 85; FiOS 36). Not in New York? Don't worry! You can stream live at brettdavis.tumblr.com, or catch up later on their youtube channel.
PHOTO GALLERIES: MUSIC BAND IN NASH, JTB IN CHICAGO January 17 2017, 0 Comments
Feast yr eyeballs on THIS, folks! Nashville Cream's got a sick scene report of last weekend's benefit show featuring our very own Music Band in one of the most stacked line ups we've seen in a long time. The show went down at The East Room and benefited the Oasis Center, which provides shelter, counseling, and other programming for local at-risk teens. For the whole scoop and photos by Lance Conzett, jump over to the Cream.
While this was all going down, JTB was up in Chicago playing Tomorrow Never Knows fest. Paste Magazine was there to capture the whole thing in "neon-drenched" photos by Sarah Hess. Peep those picks HERE, and if you haven't read Paste's most recent interview with JTB, check that out HERE.
THEY'RE YUCKY, THEY'RE DUSTY, BUT PEOPLE ARE LOVIN EM! January 16 2017, 0 Comments
It's a beautiful week to listen to Yucky Duster! We have a feeling that's gonna be true EVERY WEEK FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES, but we've been playing their tape non-stop since we put it out on Friday. And you know what, I don't think we're the only ones. Cuz The Grey Estates made it their ALBUM OF THE WEEK! They said "Duster's Lament is like stepping onto a merry-go-round, with the off-kilter and engaging pop of Yucky Duster serving as your soundtrack. The four Brooklyn friends follow up their previously released full length with this release, 5-tracks of garage pop that epitomize the highs and lows of growing up and making it through each day... Even in the face of feeling like a total bummer, Yucky Duster finds a way to make it all seem okay - "I don't mean to get you down/I'm just having one of those years." If you can't bear to face the day or you need a reason to smile, the Brooklynites' merry-go-round is here to help you hide. All you need is the cotton candy." Read the rest of their review HERE.
The Current also reviewed Duster's Lament over the weekend, saying "Every song on the new EP has a line in it that is sure to make listeners smile... This offbeat humor, coupled with the group’s penchant for upbeat rhythms and sweet pop harmonies, seems to sprout right out of the head of Weezer’s “Blue Album.” Which reminds us! Make sure yr callin yr local college radio and tellin em you wanna hear more YUCKY DUSTER!
But THAT'S NOT ALL!! Mr. Anthony Fantano himself reviewed their last single "The Ropes" in his Best Tracks Of The Week round up (that makes two outta two singles!). You can watch that for yrself below. And afterwards, pick up a copy of Yucky Duster's new tape HERE!
GATHER YE DUSTERS WHILE YE MAY January 13 2017, 0 Comments
...FOR DUSTER'S LAMENT IS OUT TODAY!!!
That's right everybody, Yucky Duster's incredible new EP Duster's Lament is FINALLY OUT. Online, at shows, in stores, and here at our v own infinitycat.com. Guys we cannot stress enough how great this tape is. Despite the name, it's the perfect pick-me-up if you're bumming out thanks to the super relatable lyrics ("I don't mean to be a drag, I'm just having one of these years"? C'mon!) and the underlying sense of whimsy flowing through each tracks. Frankly, it's hard to put how much we love this cassette into words so here's some from folks around the web:
"Duster’s Lament is an EP of lamentations for our collective lives & world that will help us all as a people commiserate together as an exhausted & sometimes embarrassed (& overall embarrassing for that matter) world. Yucky Duster have made the record for our times that mixes the weird, awkward, bad, good, strange & unreal all together in a string of associative narratives that stream through the same clever pop tributary." - IMPOSE Magazine
"Yucky Duster shine with an ever present sense of clever innocence and joyous mischief in their songs. Duster's Lament, the band's new EP is a bit darker than their debut, but it's as apparent as ever that the band are having fun as they dig through life's bummers with a smirk." - POST-TRASH
"Yucky Duster are here to brighten your day. They are four friends from Brooklyn who together make a DIY melodic punk racket – think of the energy of Hinds playing the songs of Mac Demarco with the attitude of The Vaselines and you’ll get close... This EP shows a significant development in their songwriting chops... It’s a winning blend of tight writing and loose production." God is in the TV
You can - AND ABSOLUTELY SHOULD - pick up Yucky Duster's Duster's Lament on sunshine yellow cassette RIGHT HERE. Part of the Infinity Cat Cassette Series, curated by the always fantastic Casey Weissbuch.
WEEK END ROUND UP: 12/2 - 12/9 December 09 2016, 0 Comments
- BIGGEST NEWS O THE WEEK! We are oh so very excited to announce Yucky Duster as our next Cassette Series band!! Their new single “Elementary School Dropout” premiered on Stereogum on Monday and lemme tell ya, it’s 100% guaranteed to put a smile on that face of yours! Duster’s Lament is out 1/13 on ltd ed sunshine yellow tape, but if you wanna make sure you get a copy in your mailbox come January, you can snag one of our last Cassette Series Subscriptions right here.
- We ain’t the only ones lovin’ on Yucky Duster. The Grey Estates called their new single “the sweetest ode to being the bad kid ever” (among some other v v nice things) and Spanish blog Mindies said they “canta a todas esas cosas tediosas de nuestras vidas de una forma siempre entusiasta, adoptando la frescura propia del power pop sin adherirse al género totalmente.” (Practice your high school Spanish CUZ WE’RE GOIN GLOBAL!!)
- Speaking of the Cassette Series, Gold Flake Paint named Cross Country’s Trials one of their Essential Tapes of 2016! If you haven’t picked up their debut tape on crystal clear cassette, you can either snag it on its own OR as part of our holiday tape bundles. Either way, you just gotta DOO IT!
- Post-Trash also reviewed Cross Country’s album, calling it “a considerable step up for the band, both in terms of song-craft and instrumental prowess.” Check that out here!
- Next week, JEFF The Brotherhood’s headed out on a mini-tour round the south! Check out those dates & tix here, and GO SEE A SHOW. Maybe you’ll even be able to catch the elusive yeti…
- Diarrhea Planet announced another date on their trek to their New Year Eve bash at The Sinclair. Peep those dates & tix here.
- Treble showing a lot of love and spittin a lot of truth in their Best of 2016 lists. “Bob Dylan’s Grandma” came in at #69 on their list of Best Songs, while Turn To Gold itself swung it at #34 on their list of Best Albums. Both posts are Recommended Reading for their glorious descriptions of DP.
- Another year, another Year In Band Names. At this point, it’s an Infinity Cat rite of passage to make AV Club’s list of bad band names so we’d like to give our congratulations to MUSIC BAND for making the list this year! (And shouts out to Nashville buds like Soccer Mommy, Goth Babe, Meth Dad, and more for also making the list.)
- FRIENDLY REMINDERS: YOU ARE AN INCREDIBLE HUMAN BEING, AND WE HAVE SOME SICK HOLIDAY BUNDLES ON SALE NOW WITH LOTS OF LIMITED EDITION, COLORED, NUMBERED, AND/OR PREVIOUSLY SOLD OUT RELEASES INCLUDED
OUR ANNUAL RARITIES SALE IS A GOOOOOOO November 25 2016, 0 Comments
HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY!! Or really, Happy Start Of Our Annual Rarities Sale Benefiting The Southern Girls Rock Camp Day. That's right, our ebay is FILLED with Infinity Cat rarities galore! Like pretty much every test pressing that exists, from Boys R Back in Town and Not Rocket Science to Wake Up Laughing and Turn To Gold. Like props from JEFF The Brotherhood's "In My Mouth" music video, Jamin's original watercolor that later became Be Your Own Pet's cover art, posters and plagues that adorned the old Infinity Cathouse. Like every out of print Daddy Issues release (signed!) in one big ol pack, that historic The Sex/Jimmy Cushman? split CD (sealed!), the last copies of OG out of print/tour only JTB 7"s. We're even selling Jake's old Epiphone! This is gonna be the biggest, baddest Rarities Sale of all. As always, the bidding starts at 99 cents and a portion of the proceeds goes to the Southern Girls Rock Camp. The auction ends at noon next Friday, so bid early, bid often, and GOOD LUCK!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 11/12 - 11/18 November 18 2016, 0 Comments
- Yo we cannot BELIEVE that it's almost Thanksgiving and Black Friday and therefore, our annual Rarities Sale benefiting the Southern Girls Rock n Roll Camp!! We've been pulling some great stuff for you guys this week, like some very rare test pressings, original artwork, an entire guitar, and much much more. Keep an eye on our eBay page and our socials for more info coming soon!
- Black Friday will also see the release of a special set of black-on-black cassettes. That's right, Breast Massage's Cruisin' For Filth is the latest installment of our Infinity Cat Cassette Series and they are loud and dark as heck. Check out the first single on Stereogum. And ICCS subscribers, your tapes are on the way!
- Boston, you lucky ducks. You get to ring in the new year with the one and only DIARRHEA PLANET. They're playing The Sinclair on NYE with Vundabar and tickets are ON SALE NOW! Trust us, we've spent a lot of New Years Eves in a DP mosh pit and that is NOT something you wanna miss!
- Speaking of Diarrhea Planet, this Buzzfeed quiz popped into our brains this week: "Which Member of Diarrhea Planet Are You?" Not sure why, but we're glad it did. And for the record, we used to be Brent but now we're Hodan. We love both!
- ICCS alum SWIM TEAM will be headed out on the road this December. Check out those dates here and give em a warm welcome!! And remember, we are SOLD OUT of their debut cassette so catchin em on tour's the only way you can guarantee you get a copy!
- OK, we get that for some of you, winter might not be your thing. It's cold. Gets dark early. Can't blame ya. So here's something to look forward to in the spring: SAVANNAH STOPOVER. Both JTB and Daddy Issues are playing, which means you're in for a guaranteed good time!
- Upset Magazine sat down with JEFF The Brotherhood to talk about their journey of 15+ years in the music industry. It's as frank and self-deprecating as you'd expect from the J-Bros. Great, honest read.
- Our buddies at WXNA are in the middle of their first ever pledge drive. If you dig their radio shows (shouts out 80s Schmaties, which we're listening to as we write this!) or if you just wanna support community radio, you can support them here!
- Our old pals Big Surr have a new single out called "Sometimes." Like their dreamy (sold out- sorry!) Econoline 7" of yesteryear, it's a laid-back bit of pop that'll put you in the dancin mood! Check it out on She Shreds.
- SHOWS YOU'LL CATCH US AT: we're making the trek down to ATL this weekend to catch Daddy Issues with Diet Cig and World's Greatest Dad. Diet Dads? Greatest Daddy Cig? Whatever you wanna call it, we call it a dang good time. Get yr tix and join us!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 10/31 - 11/4 November 04 2016, 0 Comments
- ALRIGHT BBS WE GOT A NEW BREAST MASSAGE SINGLE IF YOU THINK YR EARS CAN HANDLE IT. That’s right, the loudest band in Nashville and everyone’s favorite JEFF The Brotherhood/Diarrhea Planet/King Karl supergroup is our next Infinity Cat Cassette Series and their “brooding grungy crusher” first single “Bathing The Dog” premiered on Stereogum this week. Cruisin’ For Filth is out 11/25 on black-on-black tapes, and you can subscribe to our Cassette Series to guarantee that a copy (and a special bonus item) lands in yr doorstep ASAP.
- Not enough Breast Massage for ya? Check out their spooky teaser video on Nashville Cream, featuring a “descent into sludgy riffery and mighty aggro growling” backed by the Nashville City Cemetery.
- Get loud and #STAYLOUD with Skullcandy’s latest behind the scenes video of Diarrhea Planet’s insane Bowery Ballroom show.
- NASHVILLE! JEFF The Brotherhood r back in town and playing The Basement East TOMORROW with Mom and Dad and Spodee Boy and if we don’t see you there crowdsurfin yer hearts out then I mean what are we even doing here buddy??? Tickets. Now. Show. Tomorrow. See you then.
- DP is out on the road once again! Things are kicking off at Sound on Sound Fest in Texas tomorrow, then headed out further west with the dudes in Lovely Bad Things. Check out them dates here and get your tix!
- Peep some pics of NASHVILLE YOUTH CULTURE by ya girl Wrenne Evans on TMRW Magazine. They are a) very dope because she is very talented and b) full of young punks we love. #RIPJAWWS
- Our buddy Perry Shall, who you definitely know as the artist behind a ton of JEFF The Brotherhood and Diarrhea Planet album covers and t-shirts, got a sick feature in Bandcamp Daily last week. Get the scoop on how he got into making his brilliant art here.
- Two of our fav bands, Big Surr and Savoy Motel, are in The Deli Nashville’s Artist of the Month poll. We can’t tell you how to vote, but we can tell you TO vote. Cuz November’s the time to do it!
- Radio shows you’ll catch us listenin to: INDIE ROCK HIT PARADE! Tonight at 11 PM EST/10 PM CST, hear Diarrhea Planet shred their way through the WXPN studios!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 10/21 - 10/28 October 28 2016, 0 Comments
- OUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY IS FAST APPROACHING! And boy do we have some Halloween shenanigans for you! First, pop by L.A. Jackson (on the rooftop of the new Thompson Hotel) for drinkin n dancin from 6-9 PM. That’s right ghosties, we’ll be spinning yr fav rock n roll records to get you in the mood for…
- FRIGHT NIGHT, ft Music Band, RG3, Uzi ,Teddy and the Rough Riders, and the Medium at American Legion Post 82!!! Shouts out to our buddies at Cold Lunch Records for curating what is gonna be a v spooky v cool time.
- One more Halloween thing: there’s an incredibly important Halloween poll happening on our twitter right now. Suggestions welcome.
- Seems like only yesterday Music Band and JEFF The Brotherhood were touring the East Coast together… Reminisce with us thanks to QRO Magazine’s photo gallery of their Brooklyn show!
- Raw Journey also posted some sick pics of the Bro-hood, though these are from their show in PARIS! The boys have a few more Euro dates (check those out here), then they’re back in Nash to play The Basement East on 11/5.
- Speaking of JTB and France, their new single “Yeti” is Sun Burns Out’s clip du mois (video of the month). We’re sold out of our copies, but the boys have some on tour and you can still snag a copy from Six Tonnes De Chair Records.
- “When you think of Nashville music, it's a pretty safe bet that you're not thinking of Music City's booming indie scene, or of the rad releases from Opryville's Infinity Cat Records. But, you probably should be.” - v nice article about Diarrhea Planet playing a free show at Paper Tiger in San Antonio in a few weeks entitled Diarrhea Planet + Free Show = The Shit.
- Oh yeah, everyone’s fav road warriors DP will be headed out on tour AGAIN next week. This time they’re hitting the west coast and will be playing a buncha shows will Lovely Bad Things. Peep those dates here and get yr tix!
- Cassette Series alum SWIM TEAM played Nashville a few weeks ago and melted our dang faces off. Do not take it lightly when we say, they are going on tour in December and you GOTTA see them if they’re coming to your town. Mark yr calendars.
- SHOWS YOU'LL CATCH US AT: Our buddies Eastside Music Supply are hosting a lil Halloween haunt tonight featuring hometown heroes & personal inspirations Safari Boys, along with The Gills, The Burps, kinhin, and Uzi. Whatta line up! More info here
WEEK END ROUND UP: 10/8 - 10/14 October 14 2016, 0 Comments
- We usually tackle this stuff towards the end of our round up, BUT THIS WEEKEND IS ABOUT TO BE INCREDIBLE SO LET’S HIT IT RIGHT AWAY. FIRST UP, THE RETURN OF KING BITCH! One night only at The Glass Mènage, it’s also The Rolling Stones’ (not that one) last show, so do the right thing and come on out tonight!
- Tomorrow, we’re doing Volume III of our Garage Rock Sale, aka yr last chance to get instruments, clothes, vinyl, antiques, furniture, books, Halloween decorations, and more for SUPER CHEAP. Starting at 9 am at 1229 Martin St, the green building behind old Infinity Cat.
- Tomorrow NIGHT, we are STOKED AS HECK to see Cross Country and Swim Team at DRKMTTR!!!!! They’re two of our most played Cassette Series bands here at the Cathouse and we’ve been itchin for them to come down to Nashville, and now our dreams are finally coming true! If you haven’t bumped Cross Country’s debut tape, do yrself a favor and check it out here. But Nashville, going to the show is your only way to get Swim Team’s tape cuz we are SOLD OUT of our stock! The show’s all ages, with support from new kids on the block High Tides and mutant popper Ted Tyro, so bring the whole fam & come hang with us.
- Then SUNDAY night, we’re doin another Infinity Cat DJ Night at Duke’s from 10 pm to 3 am. We’ll be spinning yr fav records while you scarf down a Music Band-wich or a Jamin!
- And to round out Nashville news, JEFF The Brotherhood just announced a show at Basement East on November 5th with Mom and Dad and Spodee Boy! All we really gotta say about that is here’s the ticket link and we’ll see ya there.
- JTB is currently trekking around Iceland for the start of their UK/EURO tour, and European fans, they got something special for ya…. a new 7” brought to you by our French friends at Six Tonnes De Chair Records! Check out the video for the previously unreleased B-side “Yeti” above, then check back on Tuesday when we’ll post a very limited amount of 7”s for you US fans.
- Skullcandy kicked off their new #STAYLOUD Sessions with, who else?, Diarrhea Planet. Get the scoop on their Turn To Gold ripper “Hot Topic” before watching em tear down the Bowery Ballroom here.
- IMPOSE Magazine caught some sick pics of Daddy Issues & friends at Underground Arts. Daddy Issues’ tour with Tacocat just ended, but you can still catch em at a few more shows so check out those dates here!
- We wanna wish a v happy birthday to three ladies who have been a BIG part of the Infinity Cat family: Holland Nix (queen of rock n roll), Halle Ballard (booty enthusiast/JTB video director), and Emily Quirk (punk pic princess). We love y’all so much!!!
- And lastly, Halloween is one of our favorite holidays, so you know how excited we were when we saw this Infinity Cat costume on twitter this morning. Only their mother can tell them apart! (Infinite shouts out to Lety aka @letyy)
WEEK END ROUND UP: 9/30 - 10/7 October 07 2016, 0 Comments
- CASSETTE STORE DAY IS TOMORROW AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS… GLOBAL CHAKRA RHYTHMS ON LTD ED HAND-NUMBERED 2-CASSETTE SET. Nashville, pick up a copy during the festivities at Grimeys, Fond Object, and The Groove. If ya can’t make it out to your local cassette store, you’ll be able to snag a copy at infinitycat.com bright and early tomorrow morning!
- Speaking of CASSETTES, our latest Cassette Series band Cross Country and ICCS alums Swim Team will be making their Nashville debut at DRKMTTR next week and you better be there moshin with us. RSVP on FB.
- Last night’s Daddy Issues / Tacocat / Idle Bloom show was a STRAIGHT RIPPER. WHATTA LINE UP AND WHATTA BLAST. Daddy Issues has some more dates left in this tour (including a few more with Tacocat) so check em out here, get yr tix, and get to a dang show!!
- DP knocked Bowery Ballroom on its damn feet last night. If you couldn’t make it out to the actual show, no worries, head over to Skullcandy’s FB. They live streamed the whole show as part of their #STAYLOUD Sessions.
- JEFF The Brotherhood & Music Band just wrapped up their east coast tour! Read about their NY show at Pancakes & Whiskey (includes the beautiful phrases “Bermuda Triangle-style pit” “wide awake and ready to start some trouble”) and UK/EURO, look out for JTB later this month!
- This week, the Nashville Public Library launched BoomBox, their v own 100% local music service where you can stream and download yr fav local tunes (like Diarrhea Planet, Music Band, and Daddy Issues) for free with your library card! Learn more about it & the library’s love for DP on Nashville Public Radio, then grab that library card & head over to boomboxnashville.org!
- Best of Nashville time baby!! JEFF The Brotherhood and Diarrhea Planet snagged “Best Local Major-Venue Invasion” for DP and JTB’s Halloween show at War Memorial (“effectively Infinity Cat’s answer to Elton John/Billy Joel or Guns N’ Roses/Metallica”). Our ACME showcase ft White Reaper, Daddy Issues, and Jawws got named “Best Punk Show on Lower Broad” (“I’m not sure who thought that putting notorious Louisville punks White Reaper on a rooftop overlooking SoBro’s foremost pedal tavern destinations was a good idea…”). And of course, Diarrhea Planet won “Best Song Title” for Bob Dylan’s Grandma. Big ups to all our buddies for their wins!!
- Diarrhea Planet is now BRO APPROVED, with this indisputable review called “This Nashville Band With Four Screaming Guitars Is The Best Thing To Happen To Rock ’N Roll In Years.” Grab yr nearest bro & tell him, it’s in the Bro Bible so it must be true!
- Amazon shoppers! While you’re doing yr thing, consider using this Amazon Smile link that donated .5% of your eligible purchases to our buddies YEAH! aka Youth Empowerment Through Arts and Humanities aka the fine folks behind the Southern Girls Rock N Roll Camp! (And it’s hard to believe but our Black Friday rarities sale benefitting SGRRC is right around the corner and you know we’ve found some crazy stuff while moving… stay tuned)
- Lastly, congrats to Music Band for their latest achievement…
WEEK END ROUND UP: 9/24 - 9/30 September 30 2016, 0 Comments
- By now you probably know that Jake’s two custom Scale Model guitars got stolen out of their van the morning that they were leaving for tour. Huge bummer but our faith in humanity has been renewed thanks to Will from Alabama, who drove up here to donate a replica of Jake’s original guitar (which also got stolen way back when). I mean replica down to the changed volume knob and duct tape and 3 strings tuned to drop D. It’s amazing! We’ve always said that y’all are the nicest, best people and yr generosity is truly appreciated. Much love to Will and to everyone who’s helped spread the word <3
- USA Today’s FTW staff brainstormed 8 Super Bowl half-time performers and duh of course they suggested Diarrhea Planet. They wrote “It is music that is built to melt your face clean off, and if you don’t want to sit and watch Roger Goodell’s squirmy reaction as they launch into their seminal first single Ghost With A Boner then I don’t want to know you.” Fair enough!
- More pics are still comin outta Riot Fest! But Impose Magazine may have scored the happiest pic of DP we’ve ever seen…
- The Punk Site totally gets Zone. Like, gets it so much that we really just wanna copy and paste it here so we make sure you read it but we’ll just give you the link and trust you’ll do the right thing. Read it. Listen to Zone. See a show.
- DOPE SHOW ALERT: CASSETTE SERIES BANDS CROSS COUNTRY AND SWIM TEAM ARE PLAYING DRKMTTR ON OCTOBER 15 FOR THEIR 1ST EVER NASHVILLE SHOW. They’ll be joined by The Guys (rising like a phoenix from the ashes of Jawws) and ted Tyro (cool as heck mutated pop outta Louisville). It’s all ages and $7 and you should RSVP right here.
- Our buddies Tacocat’s released an awesome video for “The Internet” just in time for their tour with Daddy Issues starting next week. Feast yr eyes on the new video then check those tour dates here!!
- Speaking of friends, our buddies at Knife Tapes are releasing ‘Boro babe Goth Babe’s latest EP! You can snag one on their website or at the release show tomorrow at East Room with Argus and Danger Incorporated!
- Thank you AV Club for putting the idea of a Diarrhea Planet biopic in our brains. Check out who’d play em in a movie in their Riot Fest Q&A vid!
- LAST BUT V IMPORTANT, online orders will be delayed for a few days while we move all of our records & merch to the new cathouse and unpack em! Thanks in advance for yr patience!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 9/17 - 9/23 September 23 2016, 0 Comments
- Yesterday was the first day of fall so it’s officially time for you to listen to Swell Tone’s “Fall For It” playlist. It features Cross Country’s dreamy album closer “Beams” (one of our fav tracks from their debut cassette tbh). Listen to that here, then grab a copy of Trials here!
- Cross Country’s also snagged a spot on Audiofemmes’ Best Tracks of the Week with their latest single “Alone”! Stream that sucker here.
- AC Club played a game of word association with a bunch of bands at Riot Fest, including our v own Diarrhea Planet. It’s just as great as you think it is. (“No thanks, I will pass.”)
- Paste caught up with Jake while he was on the way to Home Depot this week. They talked about Zone, but also reminisced over the beginnings of Infinity Cat and our long lost “tiny penis man” friend.
- Some of you may remember our French friend Laurent as the director behind JTB’s beautiful “Radiating Fiber Plane” video. But you may not know that he runs his own DIY label called Six Tonnes De Chair, and we’re v excited to announce that he’s releasing a new JEFF 7”!! More details coming soon, but here’s yr first look at the cover…
- JEFF and Music Band start their East coast tour on Sunday BUT TONIGHT, Music Band’s playing a show at The Shack in Virginia Beach with Lee’s dad’s band, Dogjaw. It pretty much sounds like the nicest, coolest event ever so please go and support families who rock n roll together!
- Diarrhea Planet is, of course, on tour for the foreseeable future. Their next round of dates is with Nashville buds Western Medication (who, by the way, are playing a free in-store at Third Man today at 5pm that you should definitely go to). Then they’re hitting the west coast with Lovely Bad Things. Get out those dates & get yr tix here.
- Natural Child’s tour with Faux Ferocious is a-rockin and a-rollin at full speed (dates). Both of em have their new albums with them, so make sure to pick those up— and don’t forget we’re running a sale on Natty Child’s 1971 and Bodyswitchers LPs!
- NASHVILLE! ICCS alum Left & Right’s playing The End tonight in support of their new album The Yips. (Haven’t caught The Yips yet? Whatreyouevendoingdude) Get yr tix here & we’ll see ya soon!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 9/10 - 9/16 September 16 2016, 0 Comments
- OH SHIT IT’S HERE. TRIALS, THE DEBUT ALBUM BY CROSS COUNTRY! If you're like us, you've probably already been streaming it non-stop on IMPOSE Magazine, who called it “a brief yet powerful album of luscious pop straight out of the garage" in their premiere earlier this week. But now you can get yr paws on that crystal clear cassette here, or do the digital thing at iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, and wherever else music is 1s and 0s.
- If you’re lucky enough to be in Ohio, you got TWO tape release show options. You can catch em TONIGHT in Cincinnati with Earring, Leggy, and Rose Hip (FB EVENT). Or you can see em in their hometown of Oxford on the 29th with Pool Holograph, Smut, and Hidden Places (FB EVENT). HIT IT!
- Cross Country got that “best new music of the week” nod from Post Trash, who said their first single was “destined to be on all your road trip mixes." And that's the dang truth.
- Wanna wish a HAPPY RELEASE DAY to Natural Child and Left & Right! You can pick up Natural Child’s new record Okey Dokey on their website or at their release show tonight. To celebrate, we put Bodyswitchers and 1971 LPs on sale for only $9.99 so you can get all the NC you need! Now, Left & Right's Infinity Cat Cassette Series tape has been sold out for ages. Which tells you that you oughta head over to WarHen Records to pick up their new record The Yips right away!
- TOMORROW’S OUR GARAGE ROCK SALE. We’re getting rid of all the cool weird stuff we’ve accumulated over the past six years at 467 Humphreys St. Like vintage movie posters, monopoly sets from different countries, guitars and pedals, books and CDs and clothes galore. Something for everyone! And everything for cheap! For more info, check out the FB event. Early bird specials start at 8 am!
- While you’re on fb, make sure to RSVP for our last ever Wedgewood/Houston art show on October 7th. A huuuuuge collaboration between Bob the Fatherhood (artist name: R.E. Orrall) and 20+ artists called THE KITCHEN. Check out the FB event for the whole story but suffice to say we are SUPER stoked for this and can’t wait for you to see all these artists’ hard work!
- JTB kicks off their tour tonight and this one’s gonna be a good one. They’ve got Music Band on a slew of their US dates and they’re headed back to Europe! Peep them dates here and get your tix now!
- Music Band will have copies of their “I Was Like” 7”, which is pretty much fall wrapped up in a 7” polybag. (Much better than a pumpkin spice latte.) These are the last copies, so grab one or forever hold your peace!
- Speaking of Music Band, we got a new Spotify mix for you to check out! It’s called “Indie Songs for Slackers” and it features their hit “Don’t Call Upon Me”. Seems like the perfect Friday playlist, right? Stream it here.
- Shouts out to Nashville Cream, Grimey's, Third Man, and everyone else involved in the Cream’s 10th anniversary party last week. It was INSANE. And the rain turned out to be a blessing in disguise, since everyone had to pack in to watch JTB play The Basement for the first time since they were kids! Head over to The Cream (duh) for pics and video!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 9/3 - 9/9 September 09 2016, 0 Comments
- START OFF YR WEEKEND WITH CROSS COUNTRY’S NEW SINGLE “ALONE.” It’s a quick and clean “angular, sorta-skronky indie rock” ditty that’s catchy as heck and is gonna give you the motivation to get through Friday work and ON TO YOUR WEEKEND. Hear the premiere on Brooklyn Vegan, and snag one of our last Cassette Series subscriptions here!
- Cross Country’s last single “Grass Stain” was featured on Mad Mackerel’s “Nickel In The Jukebox” roundup and given the VRY SML TRK RVW treatment on Small Albums! Stream that joyous tune here.
- Infinity Cat Cassette Series alum Faux Ferocious announced the release of their first vinyl LP, Cloning The Rubicon! Out October 21 on Striped Light Records, you can preorder the record on Bandcamp. And if yr itching for some Faux Ferocious in the meantime, you can also pick up a copy of their self-titled ICCS tape here!
- Overblown named JEFF The Brotherhood’s ZONE one of their best albums of August, saying “If this album could be any more textured, bits of it would physically crumble out of your speakers.” Honestly, we wouldn’t be too shocked if that did happen!
- Daddy Issues got added to Spotify’s BADASS WOMYN playlist and lemme tell ya, this playlist is indeed BADASS and totally worth blastin through yr speakers. Thanks Spotify!
- SNL wants to know who your dream musical guests are, and of course, y’all have bombarded them with tweets requesting Diarrhea Planet. Keep up the good work. We love ya.
- Our buds Rozwell Kid just kicked off their Australian tour with The Bennies! Peep those dates here and get yr tickets!
- Bring the Noise took it upon themselves to create their own awards for Denver’s Riot Fest and naturally, Diarrhea Planet won Best Guitar Solo. Way to go, boys!
- Our buddy Jonas (Turbo Fruits/Jimmy Cushman?/be your own PET) released his first solo song this week, a calypso-tinged tune called “Chillsesh” with Jamin on drums! Watch his motorcycle diary/music video on Nashville Cream.
- SHOWS YOU’LL CATCH US AT: C’mon, you know we’re gonna be at the Cream’s 10th Anniversary Party! JEFF The Brotherhood’s headlining the shindig at Grimey’s (on the all-ages outside stage, DUH) so come hang with us in the pit. Get yr cheapo tickets here while they last!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 8/27 - 9/2 September 02 2016, 0 Comments
- We’re finally getting the first hints of fall weather this morning, which led us to a v important discovery… CROSS COUNTRY IS FANTASTIC MUSIC FOR CRUISIN AROUND W THE WINDOWS DOWN WHEN IT’S NICE & BREEZY OUT. Try it. It’ll put a big ol smile on your face. Just jump over to Gold Flake Paint for the premiere of their first single “Grass Stain” and turn it up LOUD!
- Cross Country’s tape comes out September 16th on ltd ed crystal clear cassette as part of the Infinity Cat Cassette Series, which by the way only has a handful of subscriptions still available. Subscribe to the series to guarantee a copy of each of this year’s tapes, plus a super secret bonus item from each band, plus an extra bonus item from us (a “Come and Drink It Now With Us” koozie). That’s SIX tapes and SEVEN bonus goodies. NO BRAINER!
- Speaking of cassettes, we decided to up the ante on Cassette Store Day this year and release a TWO CASSETTE SET of JTB’s Global Chakra Rhythms! These babies are limited to 200 hand-numbered copies, on white cassettes with teal and purple imprints (to mirror the original beautiful and super sold out 2-LP colored vinyl), encased in a sick 2-in-1 butterfly box. Out 10/8 wherever cassettes are sold!
- The Tuffest of Guses, Ian Bush, answered Riot Fest’s 10 Questions on music, snacks, and festival survival. Check out his words of wisdom (“Nobody should only read one book,” “never mix psychedelics with redbull vodkas”) here.
- Some of y’all back-to-schoolers asked us about rock n roll backpack decorations and the answer is no, we do not have patches, but YES, WE DO HAVE NEON 5-COLOR PIN SETS. We’ll also throw in a CATFLAG sticker just cuz!
- THE RUMORS ARE TRUE: WE ARE MOVING! Out with the old and in with the new Cathouse. “Out with the old” meaning we are having a “garage rock sale” on September 17th and you are invited. We have amassed an astounding collection of STUFF over the years and we don’t wanna move ANY of it, so come and get it!
- Nashville!!! Music Band’s playing Lightning 100’s THUNDERGROUND at Basement East next week and it’s ONLY $3 thanks to the fine folks at PBR and Pickers Vodka. So pick up your tickets now bc there’s no better deal than this!
- ICCS alum Left & Right are gearing up to release their new album, The Yips, and you can hear the latest single “Mouse Drum” on Stereogum. Not only CAN YOU but YOU SHOULD. And then you should preorder the vinyl from WarHen Records. We did, and we can’t wait for it to get here!
- Our JEFF the Brotherhood ZONED OUT sale has been extended through Labor Day Weekend! If it’s JEFF, it’s ON SALE. And if it’s not ON SALE, then it’s SOLD OUT. And that’s the truth!
- Tomorrow will be our LAST OFFICIAL ART CRAWL SHOWING, so come on over and check out “The Outsiders,” a collection of Outsider Art curated by the one and only Robert Ellis Orrall. As always, it will be a fun and free event filled with art, beer, snacks, music, and friendship. And afterwards, catch our buddies Savoy Motel and Goth Babe at Fort Houston!
- Page 1 of 17