WEEK END ROUND UP: 7/11 - 7/17 July 17 2015, 0 Comments
- Happy birthday, us!!! In honor of our 13th year (we’re finally teenagers!!), we decided to celebrate with a midsummers rarities sale. We dug up some REAL old oldies from throughout the years, like the “JEFF: I LIKE YOU” stamper used to mark their long-lost debut album and the wood used to make Jake’s guitar neck and a bunch of sealed, signed, and/or out of print releases. Check out the rest of the stuff here. The auction runs now til Tuesday the 21st— GOOD LUCK!
- ALSO IN HONOR OF OUR BIRTHDAY, we’re including party supplies with every order placed now through Monday, July 20th (our birthday). Just trying to spread those party vibes, you know??
AV Club debuted JEFF The Brotherhood's surreal shirtless ”Melting Place" music video this week, saying it ”harnesses some Beastie Boys-style weirdness amped up with a bit more hair.” (They also called it JEFF’s “shirtless, hairy peak,” which, y’know, be careful what you wish for, AV Club.) Watch the video here.
- Speaking of new videos, you can now relive Daddy Issues’ release show thanks to this dope video by Stephen Thompson. He got the whole set, from Quirk’s cupcake eating to Evan Bird’s guest shredding. AND don’t miss This City’s Full’s recap of the night here.
- This City’s Full caught Daddy Issues and Thelma & The Sleaze tearing it up at Harley Davidson’s Women’s moto expo last Friday. Check those super-American pics here!
- Daddy Issues also played a STACKED show on Saturday night. Them, Eskimeaux, Mitski, Elvis Depressedly, I mean, there was not a dry eye in the house. No Country even said “it was hard to determine whether more people were there for openers Daddy Issues or headliners Elvis Depressedly”. Cool! Get the scoop here.
- Julia Bee shot JEFF The Brotherhood at their latest Brooklyn show for Impose Magazine. Shuffle through that slideshow here, then check out JEFF’s newest tour dates here.
- The fine folks at Noisey named Rozwell Kid’s super-relatable “Hummus Vacuum” one of staff picks of the week. Seriously, probably the most relatable song ever written.
- Nashville Scene’s trying to help you through this heatwave with 15 local hot tracks. Like “In My Mouth,” JEFF’s “thundering, snarling heavy pop jam.” Check out the whole list here.
- SHOWS WE WISH WE COULD BE AT: Oh how we wish we could road trip up to Louisville this weekend for Forecastle Fest. JEFF will be shredding everyone’s faces off tonight and DP’s gonna pick up the pieces just to tear em back down on Sunday. Agh, sounds like the perfect weekend!