A STATEMENT ON FREAKIN WEEKEND FROM DADDY ISSUES March 10 2017, 0 Comments
"A statement on Freakin Weekend:
In light of the controversies surrounding this year's Freakin Weekend, after much deliberation, we have decided to move forward with our scheduled performance on Saturday night. This was not a decision we made easily, but as the only women on Saturday's bill, we think we can do more good for the Nashville scene by performing, sharing our songs with the community and hopefully serving as a reminder of the inexhaustible power of women than we can by not performing at all. We will be donating all earnings from our performance to RAINN, an amazing resource for survivors of sexual assault and abuse. www.rainn.org
Hope to see some of you there."
WELL THAT WAS FAST. DADDY ISSUES BUNDLES ARE SOLD OUT! March 01 2017, 0 Comments
Hey weren't we just posting on this thing? Well, we're back, cuz Daddy Issues preorder bundles sold out in just a few hours. Sorry, but we told ya not to wait on them! The good news is, we got some more translucent gold vinyl that you can get yr paws on. These are limited to 300 copies (and 100 are already spoken for, of course) so for real, do not sleep on these.
If you like yr tunes to be digital, you can also preorder the album from iTunes! It's at a special preorder price of only $7.99 AND you'll get "In Your Head" right away!
OK that's all for now, glad yall are stoked on this album, we know you're gonna love it!
DADDY ISSUES IS HERE TO MELT YR FACE WITH THEIR FULL-LENGTH DEBUT "DEEP DREAM" March 01 2017, 0 Comments
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY HECK, ARE WE EXCITED TO FINALLY ANNOUNCE YOUR NEW FAVORITE ALBUM FROM YOUR ALWAYS FAVORITE GRUNGE-POPPERS..... DEEP DREAM BY DADDY ISSUES, OUT MAY 19TH.
Produced by JEFF bro Jake Orrall (Colleen Green, Heavy Cream), Deep Dream combines all the best parts of 80s alternative, 90s grunge, and 00s pop and tackles the difficulties of friendship, heartbreak, mental health, sexual assault and a number of other issues that come with the package of youth in the modern world. You can get yr first taste of it thanks to The Fader, who's premiering their first single "In Your Head" TODAY! They called it "a killer grunge kiss-off to terrible exes everywhere" and trust us, you're gonna wanna play this one loud and you're gonna wanna play it on repeat. Listen HERE or below!
"In Your Head" starts with the words we've always wanted to say to our shitty exes: "Fuck You Forever." And those are also the words printed on the koozies that you'll get if you preorder their v special preorder bundle. When we say special, we mean special. They come with Deep Dream on limited edition translucent gold vinyl, a FUCK YOU FOREVER koozie, and a satin pouch filled with glow in the dark stars that you can put on yr ceiling to stare at while you slip into a deep dream.
Now, we only have 100 of these babies, so preorder now because they're gonna go quick! SOLD OUT. But we have released the rest of the gold vinyl- limited to 300 so don't snooze or you WILL lose!
After you preorder, make sure to get yr TICKETS for Daddy Issues' huge spring tour. They're currently wrapping up their dates w/Tacocat, then they'll be hitting a couple fests (Freakin Weekend, Savannah Stopover, SXSW) before heading out with Diet Cig.
FREAKIN WEEKEND VIII: THE FINAL FREAK February 20 2017, 0 Comments
TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO SUPPORT BANDS ON BANDCAMP February 03 2017, 0 Comments
As a lot of you know, Bandcamp is donating their share of sales to the ACLU today, which is very cool. We aren't officially on Bandcamp, but a lot of the bands that we've worked with are, so we've compiled a list for those of you looking to support music and free speech today:
Big Surr: bigsurrisreal.bandcamp.com
Colleen Green: colleengreen.bandcamp.com
Cross Country: crossscountry.bandcamp.com
Cy Barkley: cybarkley.bandcamp.com
Daddy Issues: daddyissuesband.bandcamp.com
Dead Soft: deadsoft.bandcamp.com
Denny and the Jets: denneyandthejets.bandcamp.com
Diarrhea Planet: diarrheaplanet.bandcamp.com
Dion Lunadon: dionlunadon.bandcamp.com
Dirty Dreams: dirtydreams.bandcamp.com
Ed Schrader's Music Beat: edschradersmusicbeat.bandcamp.com
Faux Ferocious: fauxferocious.bandcamp.com
Fielded (Cake Bake Betty): fielded.bandcamp.com
Guerilla Toss: guerillatoss.bandcamp.com
King Bitch: kingbitchofficial.bandcamp.com
Left & Right: leftandright.bandcamp.com
Milk Dick: milkdick.bandcamp.com
Music Band: musicband.bandcamp.com
No Regrets Coyote: noregretscoyote.bandcamp.com
Rozwell Kid: rozwellkid.bandcamp.com
Slanted (Casey Weissbuch): slanted1.bandcamp.com
Spanish Candles: thespanishcandles.bandcamp.com
Stoneham Tapes (Breast Massage/old JEFF): stonehamtapes.bandcamp.com
Study Hall: sneakyeurekas.bandcamp.com
The City and I: thecityandi.bandcamp.com
Thunderzone (Juiceboxxx): thunderzoneusa.bandcamp.com
Toby Coke: tobycoke.bandcamp.com
Uncle Bad Touch: ubt-666.bandcamp.com
Wet Illustrated: wetillustrated.bandcamp.com
White Reaper: whitereaper.bandcamp.com
Yucky Duster: yuckyduster.bandcamp.com
DADDY ISSUES & DIET CIG JOINING FORCES! DIET DADS? CIGGY ISSUES? February 01 2017, 0 Comments
Hands down one of the best shows we went to last year was Daddy Issues and Diet Cig at The Masquerade in ATL. Both bands sounded great, the all-ages audience went NUTS (OURSELVES INCLUDED TBH), and there was even a Harry Potter dance party afterwards. We left wishing that everyone could have experienced the beautiful night that we had, AND NOW YOU CAN BECAUSE DADDY ISSUES IS JOINING DIET CIG ON THEIR SPRING TOUR!!! (Up to you to don some robes and host a Wizarding Ball though.)
Of course, in a few weeks, Daddy Issues will be out west with the always fantastic Tacocat. Check out those dates -- plus more from fellow ICat bands -- below and get yr tix now or forever hold yr peace!
2/17 - Dallas, TX @ Three Links - TIX*
2/18 - Austin, TX @ Barracuda - TIX*
2/20 - Santa Fe, NM @ Meow Wolf - TIX*
2/25 - Oakland, CA @ Noise Pop - TIX*
2/27 - Chico, CA @ Chico Womens' Club - TIX*
2/28 - Eugene, OR @ The Boreal - TIX*
3/1 - Tacoma, WA @ Real Art - TIX*
3/4 - Spokane, WA @ The Bartlett - TIX*
3/9 - Savannah, GA @ Savannah Stopover - TIX
3/16-18 - Austin, TX @ SXSW (Get Alternative Unofficial Showcase) - RSVP
4/5 - New Haven, CT @ Bar - TIX^
4/6 - Philadelphia, PA @ Boot & Saddle - TIX^
4/7 - Brooklyn, NY @ Baby's All Right (Early Show) - TIX^
4/8 - Allston, MA @ Brighton Music Hall - TIX^
4/10 - Montreal, QC @ Bar Le Ritz - TIX^
4/11 - Toronto, ON @ Drake Hotel - TIX^
4/12 - Rochester, NY @ Bug Jar^
4/13 - Washington, DC @ Rock & Roll Hotel - TIX^
4/14 - Richmond, VA @ Gallery 5 - TIX^
4/15 - Carrboro, NC @ Cat's Cradle - TIX^
4/18 - Orlando, FL @ Will's Pub - TIX^
4/19 - Tampa, FL @ New World Brewery - TIX^
4/20 - Tallahassee, FL @ Club Downunder^
4/21 - Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade - TIX^
4/22 - Charlotte, NC @ Snug Harbor - TIX^
4/14 - Washington, DC @ Rock and Roll Hotel - TIX
4/15 - Brooklyn, NY @ The Bell House - TIX
4/16 - Allston, MA @ Great Scott - TIX
4/17 - Montreal, QC @ Bar le "Ritz" P.D.B - TIX
4/19 - Toronto, ON @ Horseshoe Tavern - TIX
4/20 - Cleveland Heights, OH @ Grog Shop - TIX
4/21 - Chicago, IL @ Lincoln Hall - TIX
4/22 - St. Paul, MN @ Turf Club - TIX
4/25 - Seattle, WA @ The Crocodile - TIX
4/26 - Vancouver, BC @ Biltmore Cabaret - TIX
4/28 - San Francisco, CA @ Independent - TIX
4/29 - Los Angeles, CA @ Echo - TIX
4/30 - San Diego, CA @ Casbah - TIX
JEFF The Brotherhood
2/22 - Richmond, VA @ Strange Matter - TIX
2/24 - New York, NY @ Sunnydale - TIX
3/9 - Savannah, GA @ Savannah Stopover - TIX
3/10 - Charleston, NC @ The Royal American - TIX
3/18 - St. Louis, MO @ Off Broadway - TIX
Peach Kelli Pop
2/16 - Davenport, IA @ GAS Feed & Seed Fest - TIX
GET ALTERNATIVE, AUSTIN! January 31 2017, 0 Comments
The fine folks at The Alternative just announced their first ever SXSW (unofficial) showcase and DANG DID THEY NAIL IT ON THE FIRST TRY! Look at that poster, guys. I mean really look at it. Daddy Issues is playing with like every other band you like, it's only $5 a day, and it's ALL AGES. ALL AGES! AT SXS! If you're headed down to Austin, you know what you gotta do. RSVP on Facebook here.
Pre-SXSW, Daddy Issues will be headed west with our fav palindromic rock stars, Tacocat! Dates and tix for that are below. Catch em and maybe you'll get to hear a new song or two off their forthcoming album...
2/18 - Austin, TX @ Barracuda - TIX*
2/20 - Santa Fe, NM @ Meow Wolf - TIX*
2/25 - Oakland, CA @ Noise Pop - TIX*
2/27 - Chico, CA @ Chico Womens' Club - TIX*
2/28 - Eugene, OR @ The Boreal - TIX*
3/1 - Tacoma, WA @ Real Art - TIX*
3/4 - Spokane, WA @ The Bartlett - TIX*
DON'T BE A DINGUS, THERE'S A FREE ROCK N ROLL SHOW TONIGHT! January 20 2017, 0 Comments
HEY NASHVILLE! I get it, we're the It City, there's a ton of stuff to do on the weekend and many Netflix shows to binge, but I'm tellin ya, THIS IS THE VERY BEST THING YOU COULD DO THIS WEEKEND.
Honestly, in general, the very best thing you could ever do is go to a free Daddy Issues show. But we hear that they're gonna have a very special guest on the drums tonight. A special guest whose name rhymes with Schmevan Schmird. From Schmiarrhea Schmanet. Plus, you have to wonder... Will they play new songs, from their top-secret-but-soon-to-be-released album? Well, we ain't gonna tell you! You'll just have to go and see for yourself! (BTW, if you haven't read Ruse Magazine's new feature on Daddy Issues yet, check it out here.)
PLUS, our dear friends in Savoy Motel are headlining! For those of you who have been living under a rock, that's Jess and Mimi from Heavy Cream's new band. And it rules. Not to mention the rest of the lineup, not to mention that they're gonna do it all over again with another free show on Saturday. C'mon! That's a no-brainer folks!
OUR ANNUAL RARITIES SALE IS A GOOOOOOO November 25 2016, 0 Comments
HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY!! Or really, Happy Start Of Our Annual Rarities Sale Benefiting The Southern Girls Rock Camp Day. That's right, our ebay is FILLED with Infinity Cat rarities galore! Like pretty much every test pressing that exists, from Boys R Back in Town and Not Rocket Science to Wake Up Laughing and Turn To Gold. Like props from JEFF The Brotherhood's "In My Mouth" music video, Jamin's original watercolor that later became Be Your Own Pet's cover art, posters and plagues that adorned the old Infinity Cathouse. Like every out of print Daddy Issues release (signed!) in one big ol pack, that historic The Sex/Jimmy Cushman? split CD (sealed!), the last copies of OG out of print/tour only JTB 7"s. We're even selling Jake's old Epiphone! This is gonna be the biggest, baddest Rarities Sale of all. As always, the bidding starts at 99 cents and a portion of the proceeds goes to the Southern Girls Rock Camp. The auction ends at noon next Friday, so bid early, bid often, and GOOD LUCK!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 11/12 - 11/18 November 18 2016, 0 Comments
- Yo we cannot BELIEVE that it's almost Thanksgiving and Black Friday and therefore, our annual Rarities Sale benefiting the Southern Girls Rock n Roll Camp!! We've been pulling some great stuff for you guys this week, like some very rare test pressings, original artwork, an entire guitar, and much much more. Keep an eye on our eBay page and our socials for more info coming soon!
- Black Friday will also see the release of a special set of black-on-black cassettes. That's right, Breast Massage's Cruisin' For Filth is the latest installment of our Infinity Cat Cassette Series and they are loud and dark as heck. Check out the first single on Stereogum. And ICCS subscribers, your tapes are on the way!
- Boston, you lucky ducks. You get to ring in the new year with the one and only DIARRHEA PLANET. They're playing The Sinclair on NYE with Vundabar and tickets are ON SALE NOW! Trust us, we've spent a lot of New Years Eves in a DP mosh pit and that is NOT something you wanna miss!
- Speaking of Diarrhea Planet, this Buzzfeed quiz popped into our brains this week: "Which Member of Diarrhea Planet Are You?" Not sure why, but we're glad it did. And for the record, we used to be Brent but now we're Hodan. We love both!
- ICCS alum SWIM TEAM will be headed out on the road this December. Check out those dates here and give em a warm welcome!! And remember, we are SOLD OUT of their debut cassette so catchin em on tour's the only way you can guarantee you get a copy!
- OK, we get that for some of you, winter might not be your thing. It's cold. Gets dark early. Can't blame ya. So here's something to look forward to in the spring: SAVANNAH STOPOVER. Both JTB and Daddy Issues are playing, which means you're in for a guaranteed good time!
- Upset Magazine sat down with JEFF The Brotherhood to talk about their journey of 15+ years in the music industry. It's as frank and self-deprecating as you'd expect from the J-Bros. Great, honest read.
- Our buddies at WXNA are in the middle of their first ever pledge drive. If you dig their radio shows (shouts out 80s Schmaties, which we're listening to as we write this!) or if you just wanna support community radio, you can support them here!
- Our old pals Big Surr have a new single out called "Sometimes." Like their dreamy (sold out- sorry!) Econoline 7" of yesteryear, it's a laid-back bit of pop that'll put you in the dancin mood! Check it out on She Shreds.
- SHOWS YOU'LL CATCH US AT: we're making the trek down to ATL this weekend to catch Daddy Issues with Diet Cig and World's Greatest Dad. Diet Dads? Greatest Daddy Cig? Whatever you wanna call it, we call it a dang good time. Get yr tix and join us!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 10/8 - 10/14 October 14 2016, 0 Comments
- We usually tackle this stuff towards the end of our round up, BUT THIS WEEKEND IS ABOUT TO BE INCREDIBLE SO LET’S HIT IT RIGHT AWAY. FIRST UP, THE RETURN OF KING BITCH! One night only at The Glass Mènage, it’s also The Rolling Stones’ (not that one) last show, so do the right thing and come on out tonight!
- Tomorrow, we’re doing Volume III of our Garage Rock Sale, aka yr last chance to get instruments, clothes, vinyl, antiques, furniture, books, Halloween decorations, and more for SUPER CHEAP. Starting at 9 am at 1229 Martin St, the green building behind old Infinity Cat.
- Tomorrow NIGHT, we are STOKED AS HECK to see Cross Country and Swim Team at DRKMTTR!!!!! They’re two of our most played Cassette Series bands here at the Cathouse and we’ve been itchin for them to come down to Nashville, and now our dreams are finally coming true! If you haven’t bumped Cross Country’s debut tape, do yrself a favor and check it out here. But Nashville, going to the show is your only way to get Swim Team’s tape cuz we are SOLD OUT of our stock! The show’s all ages, with support from new kids on the block High Tides and mutant popper Ted Tyro, so bring the whole fam & come hang with us.
- Then SUNDAY night, we’re doin another Infinity Cat DJ Night at Duke’s from 10 pm to 3 am. We’ll be spinning yr fav records while you scarf down a Music Band-wich or a Jamin!
- And to round out Nashville news, JEFF The Brotherhood just announced a show at Basement East on November 5th with Mom and Dad and Spodee Boy! All we really gotta say about that is here’s the ticket link and we’ll see ya there.
- JTB is currently trekking around Iceland for the start of their UK/EURO tour, and European fans, they got something special for ya…. a new 7” brought to you by our French friends at Six Tonnes De Chair Records! Check out the video for the previously unreleased B-side “Yeti” above, then check back on Tuesday when we’ll post a very limited amount of 7”s for you US fans.
- Skullcandy kicked off their new #STAYLOUD Sessions with, who else?, Diarrhea Planet. Get the scoop on their Turn To Gold ripper “Hot Topic” before watching em tear down the Bowery Ballroom here.
- IMPOSE Magazine caught some sick pics of Daddy Issues & friends at Underground Arts. Daddy Issues’ tour with Tacocat just ended, but you can still catch em at a few more shows so check out those dates here!
- We wanna wish a v happy birthday to three ladies who have been a BIG part of the Infinity Cat family: Holland Nix (queen of rock n roll), Halle Ballard (booty enthusiast/JTB video director), and Emily Quirk (punk pic princess). We love y’all so much!!!
- And lastly, Halloween is one of our favorite holidays, so you know how excited we were when we saw this Infinity Cat costume on twitter this morning. Only their mother can tell them apart! (Infinite shouts out to Lety aka @letyy)
WEEK END ROUND UP: 9/30 - 10/7 October 07 2016, 0 Comments
- CASSETTE STORE DAY IS TOMORROW AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS… GLOBAL CHAKRA RHYTHMS ON LTD ED HAND-NUMBERED 2-CASSETTE SET. Nashville, pick up a copy during the festivities at Grimeys, Fond Object, and The Groove. If ya can’t make it out to your local cassette store, you’ll be able to snag a copy at infinitycat.com bright and early tomorrow morning!
- Speaking of CASSETTES, our latest Cassette Series band Cross Country and ICCS alums Swim Team will be making their Nashville debut at DRKMTTR next week and you better be there moshin with us. RSVP on FB.
- Last night’s Daddy Issues / Tacocat / Idle Bloom show was a STRAIGHT RIPPER. WHATTA LINE UP AND WHATTA BLAST. Daddy Issues has some more dates left in this tour (including a few more with Tacocat) so check em out here, get yr tix, and get to a dang show!!
- DP knocked Bowery Ballroom on its damn feet last night. If you couldn’t make it out to the actual show, no worries, head over to Skullcandy’s FB. They live streamed the whole show as part of their #STAYLOUD Sessions.
- JEFF The Brotherhood & Music Band just wrapped up their east coast tour! Read about their NY show at Pancakes & Whiskey (includes the beautiful phrases “Bermuda Triangle-style pit” “wide awake and ready to start some trouble”) and UK/EURO, look out for JTB later this month!
- This week, the Nashville Public Library launched BoomBox, their v own 100% local music service where you can stream and download yr fav local tunes (like Diarrhea Planet, Music Band, and Daddy Issues) for free with your library card! Learn more about it & the library’s love for DP on Nashville Public Radio, then grab that library card & head over to boomboxnashville.org!
- Best of Nashville time baby!! JEFF The Brotherhood and Diarrhea Planet snagged “Best Local Major-Venue Invasion” for DP and JTB’s Halloween show at War Memorial (“effectively Infinity Cat’s answer to Elton John/Billy Joel or Guns N’ Roses/Metallica”). Our ACME showcase ft White Reaper, Daddy Issues, and Jawws got named “Best Punk Show on Lower Broad” (“I’m not sure who thought that putting notorious Louisville punks White Reaper on a rooftop overlooking SoBro’s foremost pedal tavern destinations was a good idea…”). And of course, Diarrhea Planet won “Best Song Title” for Bob Dylan’s Grandma. Big ups to all our buddies for their wins!!
- Diarrhea Planet is now BRO APPROVED, with this indisputable review called “This Nashville Band With Four Screaming Guitars Is The Best Thing To Happen To Rock ’N Roll In Years.” Grab yr nearest bro & tell him, it’s in the Bro Bible so it must be true!
- Amazon shoppers! While you’re doing yr thing, consider using this Amazon Smile link that donated .5% of your eligible purchases to our buddies YEAH! aka Youth Empowerment Through Arts and Humanities aka the fine folks behind the Southern Girls Rock N Roll Camp! (And it’s hard to believe but our Black Friday rarities sale benefitting SGRRC is right around the corner and you know we’ve found some crazy stuff while moving… stay tuned)
- Lastly, congrats to Music Band for their latest achievement…
WEEK END ROUND UP: 9/24 - 9/30 September 30 2016, 0 Comments
- By now you probably know that Jake’s two custom Scale Model guitars got stolen out of their van the morning that they were leaving for tour. Huge bummer but our faith in humanity has been renewed thanks to Will from Alabama, who drove up here to donate a replica of Jake’s original guitar (which also got stolen way back when). I mean replica down to the changed volume knob and duct tape and 3 strings tuned to drop D. It’s amazing! We’ve always said that y’all are the nicest, best people and yr generosity is truly appreciated. Much love to Will and to everyone who’s helped spread the word <3
- USA Today’s FTW staff brainstormed 8 Super Bowl half-time performers and duh of course they suggested Diarrhea Planet. They wrote “It is music that is built to melt your face clean off, and if you don’t want to sit and watch Roger Goodell’s squirmy reaction as they launch into their seminal first single Ghost With A Boner then I don’t want to know you.” Fair enough!
- More pics are still comin outta Riot Fest! But Impose Magazine may have scored the happiest pic of DP we’ve ever seen…
- The Punk Site totally gets Zone. Like, gets it so much that we really just wanna copy and paste it here so we make sure you read it but we’ll just give you the link and trust you’ll do the right thing. Read it. Listen to Zone. See a show.
- DOPE SHOW ALERT: CASSETTE SERIES BANDS CROSS COUNTRY AND SWIM TEAM ARE PLAYING DRKMTTR ON OCTOBER 15 FOR THEIR 1ST EVER NASHVILLE SHOW. They’ll be joined by The Guys (rising like a phoenix from the ashes of Jawws) and ted Tyro (cool as heck mutated pop outta Louisville). It’s all ages and $7 and you should RSVP right here.
- Our buddies Tacocat’s released an awesome video for “The Internet” just in time for their tour with Daddy Issues starting next week. Feast yr eyes on the new video then check those tour dates here!!
- Speaking of friends, our buddies at Knife Tapes are releasing ‘Boro babe Goth Babe’s latest EP! You can snag one on their website or at the release show tomorrow at East Room with Argus and Danger Incorporated!
- Thank you AV Club for putting the idea of a Diarrhea Planet biopic in our brains. Check out who’d play em in a movie in their Riot Fest Q&A vid!
- LAST BUT V IMPORTANT, online orders will be delayed for a few days while we move all of our records & merch to the new cathouse and unpack em! Thanks in advance for yr patience!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 9/3 - 9/9 September 09 2016, 0 Comments
- START OFF YR WEEKEND WITH CROSS COUNTRY’S NEW SINGLE “ALONE.” It’s a quick and clean “angular, sorta-skronky indie rock” ditty that’s catchy as heck and is gonna give you the motivation to get through Friday work and ON TO YOUR WEEKEND. Hear the premiere on Brooklyn Vegan, and snag one of our last Cassette Series subscriptions here!
- Cross Country’s last single “Grass Stain” was featured on Mad Mackerel’s “Nickel In The Jukebox” roundup and given the VRY SML TRK RVW treatment on Small Albums! Stream that joyous tune here.
- Infinity Cat Cassette Series alum Faux Ferocious announced the release of their first vinyl LP, Cloning The Rubicon! Out October 21 on Striped Light Records, you can preorder the record on Bandcamp. And if yr itching for some Faux Ferocious in the meantime, you can also pick up a copy of their self-titled ICCS tape here!
- Overblown named JEFF The Brotherhood’s ZONE one of their best albums of August, saying “If this album could be any more textured, bits of it would physically crumble out of your speakers.” Honestly, we wouldn’t be too shocked if that did happen!
- Daddy Issues got added to Spotify’s BADASS WOMYN playlist and lemme tell ya, this playlist is indeed BADASS and totally worth blastin through yr speakers. Thanks Spotify!
- SNL wants to know who your dream musical guests are, and of course, y’all have bombarded them with tweets requesting Diarrhea Planet. Keep up the good work. We love ya.
- Our buds Rozwell Kid just kicked off their Australian tour with The Bennies! Peep those dates here and get yr tickets!
- Bring the Noise took it upon themselves to create their own awards for Denver’s Riot Fest and naturally, Diarrhea Planet won Best Guitar Solo. Way to go, boys!
- Our buddy Jonas (Turbo Fruits/Jimmy Cushman?/be your own PET) released his first solo song this week, a calypso-tinged tune called “Chillsesh” with Jamin on drums! Watch his motorcycle diary/music video on Nashville Cream.
- SHOWS YOU’LL CATCH US AT: C’mon, you know we’re gonna be at the Cream’s 10th Anniversary Party! JEFF The Brotherhood’s headlining the shindig at Grimey’s (on the all-ages outside stage, DUH) so come hang with us in the pit. Get yr cheapo tickets here while they last!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 8/13 - 8/19 August 19 2016, 0 Comments
- First up, we gotta let you know that we put up WHITE VINYL copies of Zone on our website on Monday and we’re almost out. Makes sense- the white preorders sold out on Dine Alone super fast, so you can only snag em on our website, the Cathouse, and JEFF’s upcoming tour dates. Limited as can be, so don’t wait- buy it now!
- In celebration of getting totally zoned out, we’re also having a HUGE SALE on EVERYTHING JEFF! T-shirts, vinyl, CDs, cassettes, posters, if it’s JEFF, it’s on sale. If it’s not on sale, it’s sold out. That’s how we do it here at Infinity Cat.
- Diarrhea Planet kicks off their non-stop tour TOMORROW, and their first stop is Omaha’s Maha Music Festival. Omaha World-Herald interviewed Emmett about the process behind Turn To Gold and the “thundering barrage of melody” that is their live show. Read up, then check out the rest of their tour dates here!
- The Wild Magazine included Music Band’s “Fortune Guns” in their list of “10 Songs Not To Be Missed In 2016”! Their write up on the “unbreakably optimistic” track pretty much sums up exactly how we feel about Music Band’s Wake Up Laughing. Especially the last line, which put a big ol smile on our faces: “Music Band are a continuing testament to our friends at Infinity Cat Recordings’ relentless belief in the life-affirming power of straight-up rock and roll.” D’aww!
- Wrecking Ball was a colossally good time last weekend! And thanks to Myspace, we can now relieve some of the magic via their punk portraits, featuring ya boys Diarrhea Planet and ya girls Daddy Issues. Check em out here!
- Picked up a copy of the Nashville Scene, as we do every week, and were pumped to see their review of Zone! They called this iteration of JEFF “fully realized, and not holding anything back.” Heck yeah!
- Also on newsstands now… Performer Mag’s Diarrhea Planet interview! It’s a rare interview in which they put Brent in context, so definitely worth a read! Snag a copy IRL or check it out online.
- Ed Schrader’s Music Beat has commenced their Last of The Summer’s Wine tour and GUESS WHAT NASHVILLE, THEY’RE HITTIN US WITH A WHOLE DAY OF SHOWS ON AUGUST 26TH. (Exactly one week away.) First, they’re doing an in-store at Third Man Records at 5 PM, then they’re hitting DRKMATTER w/Fox fun, Heinous Orca, and Spodee Boy.
- The 1 and only Pizza Casey released his latest Slanted EP on Bandcamp today. Boy’s got the midas touch, so you know you gotta LISTEN UP!
- Lastly, Nashville Scene reminded us that the great Stephen Thompson taped JEFF's latest not-so-secret secret show. Spend a lil time with the Dr Pepper Blues Band on this fine Friday afternoon, you deserve it.
WEEK END ROUND UP: 7/16 - 7/22 July 22 2016, 0 Comments
- HAPPY RELEASE DAY, TOBY COKE!!!! Kicking off the third year (!!!) of the Infinity Cat Cassette Series in style, we’ve got Toby Coke’s incredible debut album Time Negator on translucent red cassette, limited to 350 copies. As Mr. Coke says himself, don’t wait too long! Cuz we expect this one to go fast. Hear the whole thing at Brooklyn Vegan, who called it “appealing low-fi guitar pop that falls in the same universe as Wavves or Jaill, equal parts jangle, noise and big hooks.” Or more simply: “this is really good stuff.” You bet it is! Of course, it’s also available on iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music, yr favorite record store, Amazon, THE WORLD!
- Earlier in the week, IMPOSE debuted Toby Coke’s title track “Time Negator,” saying “while we aren’t short on summertime jams, there hasn’t been one quite like Toby Coke's 'Time Negator' to cross our paths in quite a while." Meanwhile, Stereogum called the first single “a biting garage-burner barking at loneliness in hopes of hearing the echo as companionship, simultaneously wounded and aggressive”.
- ANOTHER VERY IMPORTANT THING HAPPENING TODAY: WE ARE JUST A FEW HOURS AWAY FROM OUR RARITIES SALE ENDING!!! We got test pressings, we got out of print release, we got signed vinyl, we got signed bowling pins (?!), we got the rare and the funky stuff, but what we don’t got is time. Get yr bids in cuz it’s all ending at 6PM CST! And remember, a portion of the proceeds goes to benefit the Southern Girls Rock and Roll Camp! OK best of luck!
- Speaking of Southern Girls Rock & Roll Camp, check out this clip of Daddy Issues playing a new song for this week’s YEAH! campers. Just a lil preview for ya!
- Hmmmmmm it feels like maybe there’s something else happening today OH YEAH, YOU CAN PREORDER JEFF THE BROTHERHOOD’S NEW ALBUM ZONE ON DINE ALONE! At this point, we’ve lost track of how many times we’ve listened to their new single “Punishment” - if you haven’t heard it yet, listen below and then preorder now cuz we hear those colored vinyl bundles are going fast!
- Actually there’s a lot of new music coming up, and we’re stoked on ALL OF IT. Like ICCS-alums Left & Right, who debuted their new song “Sleep Show” on American Songwriter this morning. Their debut Five Year Plan remains one of our most played tapes, and we know we’re gonna feel the same about The Yips! Preorder that baby on vinyl at WarHen Records.
- Everyone knows Pizza Casey Weissbuch is a music makin machine, and he just shared a new tune from his solo project, Slanted! It’s called “Opening Number” and it’s a fuzzy pop masterpiece that you can hear on Steakhouse Records’ latest compilation. Try to listen to it just once, we dare ya.
- Natural Child also unleashed a new song this week. It’s called “Sure Is Nice” and it sure does live up to its name! Check that out on The Fader, then preorder their upcoming album Okey Dokey on their very own Natural Child Records and Tapes!
- Our buddies at URP called us up the other day to let us know that DP’s debut album Loose Jewels was gonna be their MILLIONTH RECORD PRESSED at their brand new facility. Whoa! So to celebrate, they took everyone on a tour of the new plant and DP got to help press some Loose Jewels! Check out the madness here, and yes, that means LJ is BACK IN STOCK on random color (mostly bright orange, neon yellow, and a pleasantly appropriate yellow-brown swirl) vinyl!
- SHOWS YOU’LL CATCH US AT: Got a fantastic weekend ahead of us. One of our favorite bands, Dr Pepper Blues Band, is playing with Hound (featuring our dude Perry Shall!) at Queen Ave tonight. Then tomorrow it’s the Elliston Place Street Fest, with Diarrhea Planet!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 7/2 - 7/8 July 08 2016, 0 Comments
- It’s been a hell of a week. Nashvillians, Black Lives Matter will be hosting a vigil for Alton Sterling and Philando Castile tonight from 7-8:30 PM at public square. If you’re able, please meet between 5-6:30 at Fort Houston for a pre-vigil meet up and march downtown. They’re providing candles and supplies for making signs but bring your own if you can. We’ll be heading over to the Fort from Infinity Cat around 6 and you’re welcome to park here and walk over with us.
- OK on to the light stuff. Lots of tour updates for ya. First up, Music Band and Faux Ferocious kicked off their lil weekend tour last night, stopping in Chattanooga and Athens next. Click click for info & tix.
- Meanwhile, Daddy Issues just announced a buncha fall dates with Tacocat (including, duh, their Nashville show at the East Room) - check those out here! And while you’re at it, pick up their Japan-only CD at 2670 Records!
- At long last, DP is finally making it overseas! They’re playing Mirrors fest in London in October along with some great bands like Allah-Las, Fucked Up, Cherry Glazerr, and more. UK fans, tix are on sale now!
- We’re back with another great DP video interview, courtesy of A Music Blog Yeah. This time it’s Evan and Mike behind the microphones, serving up pure gold. Watch below!
- Almost a month later and the reviews for Turn To Gold keep coming in! Sound It Out says “Diarrhea Planet should surely satisfy your air-guitar itch” (can confirm, totally does) and also uses the phrase “Night Ranger-style guitar heroics” which is just plain cool. Read up here!
- Tomorrow’s Verse dropped this one about Turn To Gold: “Diarrhea Planet has evolved into a band of epic proportions, evolving compositionally and technically into a band that is quickly becoming a classic by modern day standards.” Heck yeah! Read the rest of their review here and if ya haven’t picked up this modern day classic, what are you even doing dude?!
- We Own This Town is one of our favorite local blogs AND one of our favorite mix-makers. Check out their latest (VOLUME 76!) here, featuring ya boys Music Band!
- Our buddies Exit/In are celebrating their 45th birthday with a HUGE STREET FEST FEATURING DIARRHEA PLANET AND A BUNCHA OTHER GREAT BANDS. It’s a cheapo $10 for GA or you can enter to win VIP tix thanks to No Country For New Nashville (who, we might add, said “if you haven’t yet seen the live spectacle that is Diarrhea Planet, you are pretty much failing at being a Nashville rock fan.” Ain’t that the truth!)
- Speaking of birthdays, hey! We turn 14 this month! And we're celebrating by doing our favorite things, like hand-assembling fun limited edition versions of records and DJing at Duke's! So we're DJing at Duke's. Monday the 11th 10PM-3AM. Be there!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 6/25 - 7/1 July 01 2016, 0 Comments
- So we’re turning 14 this month (soon we’ll be able to drive!) and to kick off our birthday month, we’re presenting… the SHRED TIL YER RED edition of DP’s “i’m rich beyond your wildest dreams”!!! This baby’s limited to 500 hand-assembled hand-numbered translucent red vinyl copies, with black & white screen printed jackets by the dudes at Grand Palace (who also created a wicked red glow ink for the blood splatter). HOT DANG, THAT’S A SPICY FRIDAY!
- Happy Canada Day to our bros up north, Dine Alone! They just dropped a new summer sampler and it’s triple-fire-emoji bby, featuring Diarrhea Planet, Music Band, and 25 other great bands. Download it for free at http://bit.ly/DAsummer16.
- The fine folks at USA Today interviewed Diarrhea Planet about crackheads and also their new album, Turn To Gold. We recommend you read it. It’s Recommended Reading. We’ve never meant the words “Recommended Reading” as much as we do right now. Read it.
- DP played Nashville’s Grammy Block Party a few months ago and that was totally brilliant. But the genius doesn’t stop there because THEY HAD BOB INTERVIEW DIARRHEA PLANET I REPEAT THEY HAD BOB INTERVIEW DIARRHEA PLANET. Grammy Pro members, you’re gonna wanna watch this.
- Actually while we’re on DP interviews, man, do we have a lot of DP interviews for you to procrastinate with this Friday! Artist Direct talked to Jordan about influential songs in his life, Emmett gave Baeble Music the 100% for real story of how they got their band name, and Myspace got the scoop on 10 Things You Should Know About Diarrhea Planet with Evan and Jordan.
- We got a special delivery from our friends at 2670 Records! That’s right, a Japan-only CD version of Daddy Issues hit cassette “Can We Still Hang.” Get yer paws on one here!
- DP made Treble Zine’s 30 Best Albums of 2016 so far! Check that list out here, and read their full review here.
- Running foreign reviews through Google Translate is one of our favorite things to do, partially cuz we always love hearing what you guys have to say and partially cuz Google Translate is a hilarious mess! This time, we’ve got Voodoo Media’s Spanish review (10/10 for Explosion Guitars and What Voices!) and Potlista’s Croatian review (“everything that you loved with glamuriziranih guitar 80s and DIY-punk scene… Diarrhea Planet is a summary of what initially attracted me to music: fun, friendship, foolishness, bravery and sense of eternity.”)
- Ya dudes DP also climbed the alt radio charts this week, making it to #2 ON THE ALBUM CHARTS AND #8 ON THE SINGLE CHARTS (FOR “LIFE PASS”)!!! They also scored two new song debuts- “Announcement” and “Ain’t A Sin To Win” tied at #124. Keep calling in to yr local station and telling em YOU WANT YOUR DIARRHEA PLANET! And while we’re talking radio, feast yr ears on this great mix by our radio team at Shine On!
- THIS SATURDAY! We are proud to present “Do I Apologize For My Crude Mind?” with new photographs and drawings by man-about-town KANE. Join us from 6-9 pm at the Infinity Cathouse for art, drinks, snacks, music, friendship!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 6/18 - 6/24 June 24 2016, 0 CommentsTHE CHARTS ARE TURNING TO GOLD! WHICH CHARTS? ALL OF THEM!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 5/14 - 5/20 May 20 2016, 0 CommentsSPIN CALLS COLLEEN GREEN'S NEW EP "ESSENTIAL" BUT YA ALREADY KNEW THAT DIDNT YA
WEEK END ROUND UP: 5/7 - 5/13 May 13 2016, 0 CommentsSTART YR SUMMER OFF WITH A BRAND SPANKIN NEW COLLEEN GREEN EP!!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 4/9 - 4/15 April 15 2016, 0 CommentsEVERYTHING GREEN, EVERYTHING GOLD
WEEK END ROUND UP: 4/2 - 4/8 April 08 2016, 0 CommentsTHIS WEEK'S ROUND UP BROUGHT TO YOU BY GIFS
WEEK END ROUND UP: 3/26 - 4/1 April 01 2016, 0 CommentsWE JUST WOKE UP LAUGHING AND YOU CAN TOO!
- Page 1 of 2