GATHER YE DUSTERS WHILE YE MAY January 13 2017, 0 Comments
...FOR DUSTER'S LAMENT IS OUT TODAY!!!
That's right everybody, Yucky Duster's incredible new EP Duster's Lament is FINALLY OUT. Online, at shows, in stores, and here at our v own infinitycat.com. Guys we cannot stress enough how great this tape is. Despite the name, it's the perfect pick-me-up if you're bumming out thanks to the super relatable lyrics ("I don't mean to be a drag, I'm just having one of these years"? C'mon!) and the underlying sense of whimsy flowing through each tracks. Frankly, it's hard to put how much we love this cassette into words so here's some from folks around the web:
"Duster’s Lament is an EP of lamentations for our collective lives & world that will help us all as a people commiserate together as an exhausted & sometimes embarrassed (& overall embarrassing for that matter) world. Yucky Duster have made the record for our times that mixes the weird, awkward, bad, good, strange & unreal all together in a string of associative narratives that stream through the same clever pop tributary." - IMPOSE Magazine
"Yucky Duster shine with an ever present sense of clever innocence and joyous mischief in their songs. Duster's Lament, the band's new EP is a bit darker than their debut, but it's as apparent as ever that the band are having fun as they dig through life's bummers with a smirk." - POST-TRASH
"Yucky Duster are here to brighten your day. They are four friends from Brooklyn who together make a DIY melodic punk racket – think of the energy of Hinds playing the songs of Mac Demarco with the attitude of The Vaselines and you’ll get close... This EP shows a significant development in their songwriting chops... It’s a winning blend of tight writing and loose production." God is in the TV
You can - AND ABSOLUTELY SHOULD - pick up Yucky Duster's Duster's Lament on sunshine yellow cassette RIGHT HERE. Part of the Infinity Cat Cassette Series, curated by the always fantastic Casey Weissbuch.
WEEK END ROUND UP: 9/24 - 9/30 September 30 2016, 0 Comments
- By now you probably know that Jake’s two custom Scale Model guitars got stolen out of their van the morning that they were leaving for tour. Huge bummer but our faith in humanity has been renewed thanks to Will from Alabama, who drove up here to donate a replica of Jake’s original guitar (which also got stolen way back when). I mean replica down to the changed volume knob and duct tape and 3 strings tuned to drop D. It’s amazing! We’ve always said that y’all are the nicest, best people and yr generosity is truly appreciated. Much love to Will and to everyone who’s helped spread the word <3
- USA Today’s FTW staff brainstormed 8 Super Bowl half-time performers and duh of course they suggested Diarrhea Planet. They wrote “It is music that is built to melt your face clean off, and if you don’t want to sit and watch Roger Goodell’s squirmy reaction as they launch into their seminal first single Ghost With A Boner then I don’t want to know you.” Fair enough!
- More pics are still comin outta Riot Fest! But Impose Magazine may have scored the happiest pic of DP we’ve ever seen…
- The Punk Site totally gets Zone. Like, gets it so much that we really just wanna copy and paste it here so we make sure you read it but we’ll just give you the link and trust you’ll do the right thing. Read it. Listen to Zone. See a show.
- DOPE SHOW ALERT: CASSETTE SERIES BANDS CROSS COUNTRY AND SWIM TEAM ARE PLAYING DRKMTTR ON OCTOBER 15 FOR THEIR 1ST EVER NASHVILLE SHOW. They’ll be joined by The Guys (rising like a phoenix from the ashes of Jawws) and ted Tyro (cool as heck mutated pop outta Louisville). It’s all ages and $7 and you should RSVP right here.
- Our buddies Tacocat’s released an awesome video for “The Internet” just in time for their tour with Daddy Issues starting next week. Feast yr eyes on the new video then check those tour dates here!!
- Speaking of friends, our buddies at Knife Tapes are releasing ‘Boro babe Goth Babe’s latest EP! You can snag one on their website or at the release show tomorrow at East Room with Argus and Danger Incorporated!
- Thank you AV Club for putting the idea of a Diarrhea Planet biopic in our brains. Check out who’d play em in a movie in their Riot Fest Q&A vid!
- LAST BUT V IMPORTANT, online orders will be delayed for a few days while we move all of our records & merch to the new cathouse and unpack em! Thanks in advance for yr patience!