FREAKIN WEEKEND VIII: THE FINAL FREAK February 20 2017, 0 Comments
TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO SUPPORT BANDS ON BANDCAMP February 03 2017, 0 Comments
As a lot of you know, Bandcamp is donating their share of sales to the ACLU today, which is very cool. We aren't officially on Bandcamp, but a lot of the bands that we've worked with are, so we've compiled a list for those of you looking to support music and free speech today:
Big Surr: bigsurrisreal.bandcamp.com
Colleen Green: colleengreen.bandcamp.com
Cross Country: crossscountry.bandcamp.com
Cy Barkley: cybarkley.bandcamp.com
Daddy Issues: daddyissuesband.bandcamp.com
Dead Soft: deadsoft.bandcamp.com
Denny and the Jets: denneyandthejets.bandcamp.com
Diarrhea Planet: diarrheaplanet.bandcamp.com
Dion Lunadon: dionlunadon.bandcamp.com
Dirty Dreams: dirtydreams.bandcamp.com
Ed Schrader's Music Beat: edschradersmusicbeat.bandcamp.com
Faux Ferocious: fauxferocious.bandcamp.com
Fielded (Cake Bake Betty): fielded.bandcamp.com
Guerilla Toss: guerillatoss.bandcamp.com
King Bitch: kingbitchofficial.bandcamp.com
Left & Right: leftandright.bandcamp.com
Milk Dick: milkdick.bandcamp.com
Music Band: musicband.bandcamp.com
No Regrets Coyote: noregretscoyote.bandcamp.com
Rozwell Kid: rozwellkid.bandcamp.com
Slanted (Casey Weissbuch): slanted1.bandcamp.com
Spanish Candles: thespanishcandles.bandcamp.com
Stoneham Tapes (Breast Massage/old JEFF): stonehamtapes.bandcamp.com
Study Hall: sneakyeurekas.bandcamp.com
The City and I: thecityandi.bandcamp.com
Thunderzone (Juiceboxxx): thunderzoneusa.bandcamp.com
Toby Coke: tobycoke.bandcamp.com
Uncle Bad Touch: ubt-666.bandcamp.com
Wet Illustrated: wetillustrated.bandcamp.com
White Reaper: whitereaper.bandcamp.com
Yucky Duster: yuckyduster.bandcamp.com
PHOTO GALLERIES: MUSIC BAND IN NASH, JTB IN CHICAGO January 17 2017, 0 Comments
Feast yr eyeballs on THIS, folks! Nashville Cream's got a sick scene report of last weekend's benefit show featuring our very own Music Band in one of the most stacked line ups we've seen in a long time. The show went down at The East Room and benefited the Oasis Center, which provides shelter, counseling, and other programming for local at-risk teens. For the whole scoop and photos by Lance Conzett, jump over to the Cream.
While this was all going down, JTB was up in Chicago playing Tomorrow Never Knows fest. Paste Magazine was there to capture the whole thing in "neon-drenched" photos by Sarah Hess. Peep those picks HERE, and if you haven't read Paste's most recent interview with JTB, check that out HERE.
WEEK END ROUND UP: 12/2 - 12/9 December 09 2016, 0 Comments
- BIGGEST NEWS O THE WEEK! We are oh so very excited to announce Yucky Duster as our next Cassette Series band!! Their new single “Elementary School Dropout” premiered on Stereogum on Monday and lemme tell ya, it’s 100% guaranteed to put a smile on that face of yours! Duster’s Lament is out 1/13 on ltd ed sunshine yellow tape, but if you wanna make sure you get a copy in your mailbox come January, you can snag one of our last Cassette Series Subscriptions right here.
- We ain’t the only ones lovin’ on Yucky Duster. The Grey Estates called their new single “the sweetest ode to being the bad kid ever” (among some other v v nice things) and Spanish blog Mindies said they “canta a todas esas cosas tediosas de nuestras vidas de una forma siempre entusiasta, adoptando la frescura propia del power pop sin adherirse al género totalmente.” (Practice your high school Spanish CUZ WE’RE GOIN GLOBAL!!)
- Speaking of the Cassette Series, Gold Flake Paint named Cross Country’s Trials one of their Essential Tapes of 2016! If you haven’t picked up their debut tape on crystal clear cassette, you can either snag it on its own OR as part of our holiday tape bundles. Either way, you just gotta DOO IT!
- Post-Trash also reviewed Cross Country’s album, calling it “a considerable step up for the band, both in terms of song-craft and instrumental prowess.” Check that out here!
- Next week, JEFF The Brotherhood’s headed out on a mini-tour round the south! Check out those dates & tix here, and GO SEE A SHOW. Maybe you’ll even be able to catch the elusive yeti…
- Diarrhea Planet announced another date on their trek to their New Year Eve bash at The Sinclair. Peep those dates & tix here.
- Treble showing a lot of love and spittin a lot of truth in their Best of 2016 lists. “Bob Dylan’s Grandma” came in at #69 on their list of Best Songs, while Turn To Gold itself swung it at #34 on their list of Best Albums. Both posts are Recommended Reading for their glorious descriptions of DP.
- Another year, another Year In Band Names. At this point, it’s an Infinity Cat rite of passage to make AV Club’s list of bad band names so we’d like to give our congratulations to MUSIC BAND for making the list this year! (And shouts out to Nashville buds like Soccer Mommy, Goth Babe, Meth Dad, and more for also making the list.)
- FRIENDLY REMINDERS: YOU ARE AN INCREDIBLE HUMAN BEING, AND WE HAVE SOME SICK HOLIDAY BUNDLES ON SALE NOW WITH LOTS OF LIMITED EDITION, COLORED, NUMBERED, AND/OR PREVIOUSLY SOLD OUT RELEASES INCLUDED
OUR ANNUAL RARITIES SALE IS A GOOOOOOO November 25 2016, 0 Comments
HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY!! Or really, Happy Start Of Our Annual Rarities Sale Benefiting The Southern Girls Rock Camp Day. That's right, our ebay is FILLED with Infinity Cat rarities galore! Like pretty much every test pressing that exists, from Boys R Back in Town and Not Rocket Science to Wake Up Laughing and Turn To Gold. Like props from JEFF The Brotherhood's "In My Mouth" music video, Jamin's original watercolor that later became Be Your Own Pet's cover art, posters and plagues that adorned the old Infinity Cathouse. Like every out of print Daddy Issues release (signed!) in one big ol pack, that historic The Sex/Jimmy Cushman? split CD (sealed!), the last copies of OG out of print/tour only JTB 7"s. We're even selling Jake's old Epiphone! This is gonna be the biggest, baddest Rarities Sale of all. As always, the bidding starts at 99 cents and a portion of the proceeds goes to the Southern Girls Rock Camp. The auction ends at noon next Friday, so bid early, bid often, and GOOD LUCK!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 10/21 - 10/28 October 28 2016, 0 Comments
- OUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY IS FAST APPROACHING! And boy do we have some Halloween shenanigans for you! First, pop by L.A. Jackson (on the rooftop of the new Thompson Hotel) for drinkin n dancin from 6-9 PM. That’s right ghosties, we’ll be spinning yr fav rock n roll records to get you in the mood for…
- FRIGHT NIGHT, ft Music Band, RG3, Uzi ,Teddy and the Rough Riders, and the Medium at American Legion Post 82!!! Shouts out to our buddies at Cold Lunch Records for curating what is gonna be a v spooky v cool time.
- One more Halloween thing: there’s an incredibly important Halloween poll happening on our twitter right now. Suggestions welcome.
- Seems like only yesterday Music Band and JEFF The Brotherhood were touring the East Coast together… Reminisce with us thanks to QRO Magazine’s photo gallery of their Brooklyn show!
- Raw Journey also posted some sick pics of the Bro-hood, though these are from their show in PARIS! The boys have a few more Euro dates (check those out here), then they’re back in Nash to play The Basement East on 11/5.
- Speaking of JTB and France, their new single “Yeti” is Sun Burns Out’s clip du mois (video of the month). We’re sold out of our copies, but the boys have some on tour and you can still snag a copy from Six Tonnes De Chair Records.
- “When you think of Nashville music, it's a pretty safe bet that you're not thinking of Music City's booming indie scene, or of the rad releases from Opryville's Infinity Cat Records. But, you probably should be.” - v nice article about Diarrhea Planet playing a free show at Paper Tiger in San Antonio in a few weeks entitled Diarrhea Planet + Free Show = The Shit.
- Oh yeah, everyone’s fav road warriors DP will be headed out on tour AGAIN next week. This time they’re hitting the west coast and will be playing a buncha shows will Lovely Bad Things. Peep those dates here and get yr tix!
- Cassette Series alum SWIM TEAM played Nashville a few weeks ago and melted our dang faces off. Do not take it lightly when we say, they are going on tour in December and you GOTTA see them if they’re coming to your town. Mark yr calendars.
- SHOWS YOU'LL CATCH US AT: Our buddies Eastside Music Supply are hosting a lil Halloween haunt tonight featuring hometown heroes & personal inspirations Safari Boys, along with The Gills, The Burps, kinhin, and Uzi. Whatta line up! More info here
WEEK END ROUND UP: 9/30 - 10/7 October 07 2016, 0 Comments
- CASSETTE STORE DAY IS TOMORROW AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS… GLOBAL CHAKRA RHYTHMS ON LTD ED HAND-NUMBERED 2-CASSETTE SET. Nashville, pick up a copy during the festivities at Grimeys, Fond Object, and The Groove. If ya can’t make it out to your local cassette store, you’ll be able to snag a copy at infinitycat.com bright and early tomorrow morning!
- Speaking of CASSETTES, our latest Cassette Series band Cross Country and ICCS alums Swim Team will be making their Nashville debut at DRKMTTR next week and you better be there moshin with us. RSVP on FB.
- Last night’s Daddy Issues / Tacocat / Idle Bloom show was a STRAIGHT RIPPER. WHATTA LINE UP AND WHATTA BLAST. Daddy Issues has some more dates left in this tour (including a few more with Tacocat) so check em out here, get yr tix, and get to a dang show!!
- DP knocked Bowery Ballroom on its damn feet last night. If you couldn’t make it out to the actual show, no worries, head over to Skullcandy’s FB. They live streamed the whole show as part of their #STAYLOUD Sessions.
- JEFF The Brotherhood & Music Band just wrapped up their east coast tour! Read about their NY show at Pancakes & Whiskey (includes the beautiful phrases “Bermuda Triangle-style pit” “wide awake and ready to start some trouble”) and UK/EURO, look out for JTB later this month!
- This week, the Nashville Public Library launched BoomBox, their v own 100% local music service where you can stream and download yr fav local tunes (like Diarrhea Planet, Music Band, and Daddy Issues) for free with your library card! Learn more about it & the library’s love for DP on Nashville Public Radio, then grab that library card & head over to boomboxnashville.org!
- Best of Nashville time baby!! JEFF The Brotherhood and Diarrhea Planet snagged “Best Local Major-Venue Invasion” for DP and JTB’s Halloween show at War Memorial (“effectively Infinity Cat’s answer to Elton John/Billy Joel or Guns N’ Roses/Metallica”). Our ACME showcase ft White Reaper, Daddy Issues, and Jawws got named “Best Punk Show on Lower Broad” (“I’m not sure who thought that putting notorious Louisville punks White Reaper on a rooftop overlooking SoBro’s foremost pedal tavern destinations was a good idea…”). And of course, Diarrhea Planet won “Best Song Title” for Bob Dylan’s Grandma. Big ups to all our buddies for their wins!!
- Diarrhea Planet is now BRO APPROVED, with this indisputable review called “This Nashville Band With Four Screaming Guitars Is The Best Thing To Happen To Rock ’N Roll In Years.” Grab yr nearest bro & tell him, it’s in the Bro Bible so it must be true!
- Amazon shoppers! While you’re doing yr thing, consider using this Amazon Smile link that donated .5% of your eligible purchases to our buddies YEAH! aka Youth Empowerment Through Arts and Humanities aka the fine folks behind the Southern Girls Rock N Roll Camp! (And it’s hard to believe but our Black Friday rarities sale benefitting SGRRC is right around the corner and you know we’ve found some crazy stuff while moving… stay tuned)
- Lastly, congrats to Music Band for their latest achievement…
WEEK END ROUND UP: 9/17 - 9/23 September 23 2016, 0 Comments
- Yesterday was the first day of fall so it’s officially time for you to listen to Swell Tone’s “Fall For It” playlist. It features Cross Country’s dreamy album closer “Beams” (one of our fav tracks from their debut cassette tbh). Listen to that here, then grab a copy of Trials here!
- Cross Country’s also snagged a spot on Audiofemmes’ Best Tracks of the Week with their latest single “Alone”! Stream that sucker here.
- AC Club played a game of word association with a bunch of bands at Riot Fest, including our v own Diarrhea Planet. It’s just as great as you think it is. (“No thanks, I will pass.”)
- Paste caught up with Jake while he was on the way to Home Depot this week. They talked about Zone, but also reminisced over the beginnings of Infinity Cat and our long lost “tiny penis man” friend.
- Some of you may remember our French friend Laurent as the director behind JTB’s beautiful “Radiating Fiber Plane” video. But you may not know that he runs his own DIY label called Six Tonnes De Chair, and we’re v excited to announce that he’s releasing a new JEFF 7”!! More details coming soon, but here’s yr first look at the cover…
- JEFF and Music Band start their East coast tour on Sunday BUT TONIGHT, Music Band’s playing a show at The Shack in Virginia Beach with Lee’s dad’s band, Dogjaw. It pretty much sounds like the nicest, coolest event ever so please go and support families who rock n roll together!
- Diarrhea Planet is, of course, on tour for the foreseeable future. Their next round of dates is with Nashville buds Western Medication (who, by the way, are playing a free in-store at Third Man today at 5pm that you should definitely go to). Then they’re hitting the west coast with Lovely Bad Things. Get out those dates & get yr tix here.
- Natural Child’s tour with Faux Ferocious is a-rockin and a-rollin at full speed (dates). Both of em have their new albums with them, so make sure to pick those up— and don’t forget we’re running a sale on Natty Child’s 1971 and Bodyswitchers LPs!
- NASHVILLE! ICCS alum Left & Right’s playing The End tonight in support of their new album The Yips. (Haven’t caught The Yips yet? Whatreyouevendoingdude) Get yr tix here & we’ll see ya soon!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 9/10 - 9/16 September 16 2016, 0 Comments
- OH SHIT IT’S HERE. TRIALS, THE DEBUT ALBUM BY CROSS COUNTRY! If you're like us, you've probably already been streaming it non-stop on IMPOSE Magazine, who called it “a brief yet powerful album of luscious pop straight out of the garage" in their premiere earlier this week. But now you can get yr paws on that crystal clear cassette here, or do the digital thing at iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, and wherever else music is 1s and 0s.
- If you’re lucky enough to be in Ohio, you got TWO tape release show options. You can catch em TONIGHT in Cincinnati with Earring, Leggy, and Rose Hip (FB EVENT). Or you can see em in their hometown of Oxford on the 29th with Pool Holograph, Smut, and Hidden Places (FB EVENT). HIT IT!
- Cross Country got that “best new music of the week” nod from Post Trash, who said their first single was “destined to be on all your road trip mixes." And that's the dang truth.
- Wanna wish a HAPPY RELEASE DAY to Natural Child and Left & Right! You can pick up Natural Child’s new record Okey Dokey on their website or at their release show tonight. To celebrate, we put Bodyswitchers and 1971 LPs on sale for only $9.99 so you can get all the NC you need! Now, Left & Right's Infinity Cat Cassette Series tape has been sold out for ages. Which tells you that you oughta head over to WarHen Records to pick up their new record The Yips right away!
- TOMORROW’S OUR GARAGE ROCK SALE. We’re getting rid of all the cool weird stuff we’ve accumulated over the past six years at 467 Humphreys St. Like vintage movie posters, monopoly sets from different countries, guitars and pedals, books and CDs and clothes galore. Something for everyone! And everything for cheap! For more info, check out the FB event. Early bird specials start at 8 am!
- While you’re on fb, make sure to RSVP for our last ever Wedgewood/Houston art show on October 7th. A huuuuuge collaboration between Bob the Fatherhood (artist name: R.E. Orrall) and 20+ artists called THE KITCHEN. Check out the FB event for the whole story but suffice to say we are SUPER stoked for this and can’t wait for you to see all these artists’ hard work!
- JTB kicks off their tour tonight and this one’s gonna be a good one. They’ve got Music Band on a slew of their US dates and they’re headed back to Europe! Peep them dates here and get your tix now!
- Music Band will have copies of their “I Was Like” 7”, which is pretty much fall wrapped up in a 7” polybag. (Much better than a pumpkin spice latte.) These are the last copies, so grab one or forever hold your peace!
- Speaking of Music Band, we got a new Spotify mix for you to check out! It’s called “Indie Songs for Slackers” and it features their hit “Don’t Call Upon Me”. Seems like the perfect Friday playlist, right? Stream it here.
- Shouts out to Nashville Cream, Grimey's, Third Man, and everyone else involved in the Cream’s 10th anniversary party last week. It was INSANE. And the rain turned out to be a blessing in disguise, since everyone had to pack in to watch JTB play The Basement for the first time since they were kids! Head over to The Cream (duh) for pics and video!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 8/27 - 9/2 September 02 2016, 0 Comments
- We’re finally getting the first hints of fall weather this morning, which led us to a v important discovery… CROSS COUNTRY IS FANTASTIC MUSIC FOR CRUISIN AROUND W THE WINDOWS DOWN WHEN IT’S NICE & BREEZY OUT. Try it. It’ll put a big ol smile on your face. Just jump over to Gold Flake Paint for the premiere of their first single “Grass Stain” and turn it up LOUD!
- Cross Country’s tape comes out September 16th on ltd ed crystal clear cassette as part of the Infinity Cat Cassette Series, which by the way only has a handful of subscriptions still available. Subscribe to the series to guarantee a copy of each of this year’s tapes, plus a super secret bonus item from each band, plus an extra bonus item from us (a “Come and Drink It Now With Us” koozie). That’s SIX tapes and SEVEN bonus goodies. NO BRAINER!
- Speaking of cassettes, we decided to up the ante on Cassette Store Day this year and release a TWO CASSETTE SET of JTB’s Global Chakra Rhythms! These babies are limited to 200 hand-numbered copies, on white cassettes with teal and purple imprints (to mirror the original beautiful and super sold out 2-LP colored vinyl), encased in a sick 2-in-1 butterfly box. Out 10/8 wherever cassettes are sold!
- The Tuffest of Guses, Ian Bush, answered Riot Fest’s 10 Questions on music, snacks, and festival survival. Check out his words of wisdom (“Nobody should only read one book,” “never mix psychedelics with redbull vodkas”) here.
- Some of y’all back-to-schoolers asked us about rock n roll backpack decorations and the answer is no, we do not have patches, but YES, WE DO HAVE NEON 5-COLOR PIN SETS. We’ll also throw in a CATFLAG sticker just cuz!
- THE RUMORS ARE TRUE: WE ARE MOVING! Out with the old and in with the new Cathouse. “Out with the old” meaning we are having a “garage rock sale” on September 17th and you are invited. We have amassed an astounding collection of STUFF over the years and we don’t wanna move ANY of it, so come and get it!
- Nashville!!! Music Band’s playing Lightning 100’s THUNDERGROUND at Basement East next week and it’s ONLY $3 thanks to the fine folks at PBR and Pickers Vodka. So pick up your tickets now bc there’s no better deal than this!
- ICCS alum Left & Right are gearing up to release their new album, The Yips, and you can hear the latest single “Mouse Drum” on Stereogum. Not only CAN YOU but YOU SHOULD. And then you should preorder the vinyl from WarHen Records. We did, and we can’t wait for it to get here!
- Our JEFF the Brotherhood ZONED OUT sale has been extended through Labor Day Weekend! If it’s JEFF, it’s ON SALE. And if it’s not ON SALE, then it’s SOLD OUT. And that’s the truth!
- Tomorrow will be our LAST OFFICIAL ART CRAWL SHOWING, so come on over and check out “The Outsiders,” a collection of Outsider Art curated by the one and only Robert Ellis Orrall. As always, it will be a fun and free event filled with art, beer, snacks, music, and friendship. And afterwards, catch our buddies Savoy Motel and Goth Babe at Fort Houston!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 8/13 - 8/19 August 19 2016, 0 Comments
- First up, we gotta let you know that we put up WHITE VINYL copies of Zone on our website on Monday and we’re almost out. Makes sense- the white preorders sold out on Dine Alone super fast, so you can only snag em on our website, the Cathouse, and JEFF’s upcoming tour dates. Limited as can be, so don’t wait- buy it now!
- In celebration of getting totally zoned out, we’re also having a HUGE SALE on EVERYTHING JEFF! T-shirts, vinyl, CDs, cassettes, posters, if it’s JEFF, it’s on sale. If it’s not on sale, it’s sold out. That’s how we do it here at Infinity Cat.
- Diarrhea Planet kicks off their non-stop tour TOMORROW, and their first stop is Omaha’s Maha Music Festival. Omaha World-Herald interviewed Emmett about the process behind Turn To Gold and the “thundering barrage of melody” that is their live show. Read up, then check out the rest of their tour dates here!
- The Wild Magazine included Music Band’s “Fortune Guns” in their list of “10 Songs Not To Be Missed In 2016”! Their write up on the “unbreakably optimistic” track pretty much sums up exactly how we feel about Music Band’s Wake Up Laughing. Especially the last line, which put a big ol smile on our faces: “Music Band are a continuing testament to our friends at Infinity Cat Recordings’ relentless belief in the life-affirming power of straight-up rock and roll.” D’aww!
- Wrecking Ball was a colossally good time last weekend! And thanks to Myspace, we can now relieve some of the magic via their punk portraits, featuring ya boys Diarrhea Planet and ya girls Daddy Issues. Check em out here!
- Picked up a copy of the Nashville Scene, as we do every week, and were pumped to see their review of Zone! They called this iteration of JEFF “fully realized, and not holding anything back.” Heck yeah!
- Also on newsstands now… Performer Mag’s Diarrhea Planet interview! It’s a rare interview in which they put Brent in context, so definitely worth a read! Snag a copy IRL or check it out online.
- Ed Schrader’s Music Beat has commenced their Last of The Summer’s Wine tour and GUESS WHAT NASHVILLE, THEY’RE HITTIN US WITH A WHOLE DAY OF SHOWS ON AUGUST 26TH. (Exactly one week away.) First, they’re doing an in-store at Third Man Records at 5 PM, then they’re hitting DRKMATTER w/Fox fun, Heinous Orca, and Spodee Boy.
- The 1 and only Pizza Casey released his latest Slanted EP on Bandcamp today. Boy’s got the midas touch, so you know you gotta LISTEN UP!
- Lastly, Nashville Scene reminded us that the great Stephen Thompson taped JEFF's latest not-so-secret secret show. Spend a lil time with the Dr Pepper Blues Band on this fine Friday afternoon, you deserve it.
IT'S OUR BIRTHDAY WE CAN PUT A BUNCHA RARITIES ON EBAY IF WE WANT 2 July 18 2016, 0 Comments
Our birthday is on Wednesday & you know what that means.... BIRTHDAY RARITIES SALE!! We dug out some real funky goods for ya this time around, like the optical illustion JEFF stamper we used on Byzantine Empire CD-Rs and smushed up DP vinyl and a lot of Bobs. Of course, we've got test pressings and signed records galore and extra-rare stuff like JEFF The Brotherhood's first album I Like You on hand-assembled CD-R (!!!). There's something for everybody. Including you. So get to bidding! And as always, a portion of the proceeds will go to the fine folks at Southern Girls Rock & Roll Camp. Let the girls rock!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 7/9 - 7/15 July 15 2016, 0 Comments
- FIRST THING’S FIRST WE’RE TURNING 14 THIS MONTH WHICH MEANS IT’S TIME FOR ANOTHER BIRTHDAY RARITIES SALE. Starts on our eBay page today at 6 PM CST and ends next Friday at 6 PM CST. Head over to our instagram for a lil sneak peek of what we’ll be posting, been sharing some of our cool finds over the week…
- Next week is also the start of the Infinity Cat Cassette Series YEAR THREE and with it, the DEBUT ALBUM FROM TOBY COKE! And what a thought-provokin rock and rollin debut it is. Hear his newest single “Time Negator” on IMPOSE or Stereogum, then subscribe to the series here. Subscribers, we’re starting to ship out tapes and bonus items TODAY!
- On Monday, Adam from Lightning 100 named Music Band’s “Day Stealer” his DJ pick of the day! He said “Music Band is the kind of group that restores a cynical, ear-abused music listener into a plucky, green wannabe savant again. Honest, spontaneous, listenable and plain good.” Check out the rest here!
- Myspace made listed some Modern Artists Who Prove Punk Isn’t Dead and you KNOW Diarrhea Planet’s on that Top 8 for “embracing the proud rock and roll tradition of excess”!
- Speaking of DP, we met our first GOLDEN TICKET finder this week! Congrats to Morgan, who found his lucky copy of Turn To Gold in a record store in Charlotte, NC and just went home with a buncha rare DP goodies. Good news for you is that means there’s still 9 tickets out there lookin for a home. So pick up a copy of Turn To Gold on vinyl and GOOD LUCK!
- We’re usually on top of reviews, but some times they slip through the cracks. Like this one on “Radiating Fiber Plane” from RazMataz Magazine! They called the boys’ music a “technicolour stew,” which put a smile on our face this week. Read the rest (and listen to the single) here.
- By now you know Natural Child is releasing their new album, Okey Dokey, on 9/16 on their very own Natural Child Records and Tapes. But did you know they’re following it up with a fall tour with Faux Ferocious? Now those are some must-see shows! So check out the dates here and make sure you see em.
- Ya dude Stephen Thompson just posted his full video of Music Band’s album release show. Multi-cam super hi-res video and duh, excellent tunes. Let Music Band get you through your Friday afternoon.
- Make sure to stop by the Yazoo Taproom this weekend! They’re serving up a special Exit/In inspired brew, paired with a celebratory 45th year 45 featuring Diarrhea Planet and Billy Joe Shaver. But only while supplies last, so really, we’ll see ya there!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 7/2 - 7/8 July 08 2016, 0 Comments
- It’s been a hell of a week. Nashvillians, Black Lives Matter will be hosting a vigil for Alton Sterling and Philando Castile tonight from 7-8:30 PM at public square. If you’re able, please meet between 5-6:30 at Fort Houston for a pre-vigil meet up and march downtown. They’re providing candles and supplies for making signs but bring your own if you can. We’ll be heading over to the Fort from Infinity Cat around 6 and you’re welcome to park here and walk over with us.
- OK on to the light stuff. Lots of tour updates for ya. First up, Music Band and Faux Ferocious kicked off their lil weekend tour last night, stopping in Chattanooga and Athens next. Click click for info & tix.
- Meanwhile, Daddy Issues just announced a buncha fall dates with Tacocat (including, duh, their Nashville show at the East Room) - check those out here! And while you’re at it, pick up their Japan-only CD at 2670 Records!
- At long last, DP is finally making it overseas! They’re playing Mirrors fest in London in October along with some great bands like Allah-Las, Fucked Up, Cherry Glazerr, and more. UK fans, tix are on sale now!
- We’re back with another great DP video interview, courtesy of A Music Blog Yeah. This time it’s Evan and Mike behind the microphones, serving up pure gold. Watch below!
- Almost a month later and the reviews for Turn To Gold keep coming in! Sound It Out says “Diarrhea Planet should surely satisfy your air-guitar itch” (can confirm, totally does) and also uses the phrase “Night Ranger-style guitar heroics” which is just plain cool. Read up here!
- Tomorrow’s Verse dropped this one about Turn To Gold: “Diarrhea Planet has evolved into a band of epic proportions, evolving compositionally and technically into a band that is quickly becoming a classic by modern day standards.” Heck yeah! Read the rest of their review here and if ya haven’t picked up this modern day classic, what are you even doing dude?!
- We Own This Town is one of our favorite local blogs AND one of our favorite mix-makers. Check out their latest (VOLUME 76!) here, featuring ya boys Music Band!
- Our buddies Exit/In are celebrating their 45th birthday with a HUGE STREET FEST FEATURING DIARRHEA PLANET AND A BUNCHA OTHER GREAT BANDS. It’s a cheapo $10 for GA or you can enter to win VIP tix thanks to No Country For New Nashville (who, we might add, said “if you haven’t yet seen the live spectacle that is Diarrhea Planet, you are pretty much failing at being a Nashville rock fan.” Ain’t that the truth!)
- Speaking of birthdays, hey! We turn 14 this month! And we're celebrating by doing our favorite things, like hand-assembling fun limited edition versions of records and DJing at Duke's! So we're DJing at Duke's. Monday the 11th 10PM-3AM. Be there!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 6/25 - 7/1 July 01 2016, 0 Comments
- So we’re turning 14 this month (soon we’ll be able to drive!) and to kick off our birthday month, we’re presenting… the SHRED TIL YER RED edition of DP’s “i’m rich beyond your wildest dreams”!!! This baby’s limited to 500 hand-assembled hand-numbered translucent red vinyl copies, with black & white screen printed jackets by the dudes at Grand Palace (who also created a wicked red glow ink for the blood splatter). HOT DANG, THAT’S A SPICY FRIDAY!
- Happy Canada Day to our bros up north, Dine Alone! They just dropped a new summer sampler and it’s triple-fire-emoji bby, featuring Diarrhea Planet, Music Band, and 25 other great bands. Download it for free at http://bit.ly/DAsummer16.
- The fine folks at USA Today interviewed Diarrhea Planet about crackheads and also their new album, Turn To Gold. We recommend you read it. It’s Recommended Reading. We’ve never meant the words “Recommended Reading” as much as we do right now. Read it.
- DP played Nashville’s Grammy Block Party a few months ago and that was totally brilliant. But the genius doesn’t stop there because THEY HAD BOB INTERVIEW DIARRHEA PLANET I REPEAT THEY HAD BOB INTERVIEW DIARRHEA PLANET. Grammy Pro members, you’re gonna wanna watch this.
- Actually while we’re on DP interviews, man, do we have a lot of DP interviews for you to procrastinate with this Friday! Artist Direct talked to Jordan about influential songs in his life, Emmett gave Baeble Music the 100% for real story of how they got their band name, and Myspace got the scoop on 10 Things You Should Know About Diarrhea Planet with Evan and Jordan.
- We got a special delivery from our friends at 2670 Records! That’s right, a Japan-only CD version of Daddy Issues hit cassette “Can We Still Hang.” Get yer paws on one here!
- DP made Treble Zine’s 30 Best Albums of 2016 so far! Check that list out here, and read their full review here.
- Running foreign reviews through Google Translate is one of our favorite things to do, partially cuz we always love hearing what you guys have to say and partially cuz Google Translate is a hilarious mess! This time, we’ve got Voodoo Media’s Spanish review (10/10 for Explosion Guitars and What Voices!) and Potlista’s Croatian review (“everything that you loved with glamuriziranih guitar 80s and DIY-punk scene… Diarrhea Planet is a summary of what initially attracted me to music: fun, friendship, foolishness, bravery and sense of eternity.”)
- Ya dudes DP also climbed the alt radio charts this week, making it to #2 ON THE ALBUM CHARTS AND #8 ON THE SINGLE CHARTS (FOR “LIFE PASS”)!!! They also scored two new song debuts- “Announcement” and “Ain’t A Sin To Win” tied at #124. Keep calling in to yr local station and telling em YOU WANT YOUR DIARRHEA PLANET! And while we’re talking radio, feast yr ears on this great mix by our radio team at Shine On!
- THIS SATURDAY! We are proud to present “Do I Apologize For My Crude Mind?” with new photographs and drawings by man-about-town KANE. Join us from 6-9 pm at the Infinity Cathouse for art, drinks, snacks, music, friendship!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 6/18 - 6/24 June 24 2016, 0 CommentsTHE CHARTS ARE TURNING TO GOLD! WHICH CHARTS? ALL OF THEM!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 6/11 - 6/17 June 17 2016, 0 CommentsRIP JAWWS WE LOVE YOU
WEEK END ROUND UP: 5/28 - 6/3 June 03 2016, 0 CommentsWE ARE DIARRHEA TRASH
WEEK END ROUND UP: 5/14 - 5/20 May 20 2016, 0 CommentsSPIN CALLS COLLEEN GREEN'S NEW EP "ESSENTIAL" BUT YA ALREADY KNEW THAT DIDNT YA
WEEK END ROUND UP: 5/7 - 5/13 May 13 2016, 0 CommentsSTART YR SUMMER OFF WITH A BRAND SPANKIN NEW COLLEEN GREEN EP!!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 4/30 - 5/6 May 06 2016, 0 CommentsLOTS OF LOVE FOR THE INFINITY CAT CASSETTE SERIES THIS WEEK, AND NOT JUST CUZ COLLEEN GREEN'S COMING TO TOWN!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 4/16 - 4/22 April 22 2016, 0 CommentsGREEN IS GOOOOOOOOD
WEEK END ROUND UP: 4/9 - 4/15 April 15 2016, 0 CommentsEVERYTHING GREEN, EVERYTHING GOLD
WEEK END ROUND UP: 4/2 - 4/8 April 08 2016, 0 CommentsTHIS WEEK'S ROUND UP BROUGHT TO YOU BY GIFS
- Page 1 of 4