PHOTO GALLERIES: MUSIC BAND IN NASH, JTB IN CHICAGO January 17 2017, 0 Comments
Feast yr eyeballs on THIS, folks! Nashville Cream's got a sick scene report of last weekend's benefit show featuring our very own Music Band in one of the most stacked line ups we've seen in a long time. The show went down at The East Room and benefited the Oasis Center, which provides shelter, counseling, and other programming for local at-risk teens. For the whole scoop and photos by Lance Conzett, jump over to the Cream.
While this was all going down, JTB was up in Chicago playing Tomorrow Never Knows fest. Paste Magazine was there to capture the whole thing in "neon-drenched" photos by Sarah Hess. Peep those picks HERE, and if you haven't read Paste's most recent interview with JTB, check that out HERE.
WEEK END ROUND UP: 10/31 - 11/4 November 04 2016, 0 Comments
- ALRIGHT BBS WE GOT A NEW BREAST MASSAGE SINGLE IF YOU THINK YR EARS CAN HANDLE IT. That’s right, the loudest band in Nashville and everyone’s favorite JEFF The Brotherhood/Diarrhea Planet/King Karl supergroup is our next Infinity Cat Cassette Series and their “brooding grungy crusher” first single “Bathing The Dog” premiered on Stereogum this week. Cruisin’ For Filth is out 11/25 on black-on-black tapes, and you can subscribe to our Cassette Series to guarantee that a copy (and a special bonus item) lands in yr doorstep ASAP.
- Not enough Breast Massage for ya? Check out their spooky teaser video on Nashville Cream, featuring a “descent into sludgy riffery and mighty aggro growling” backed by the Nashville City Cemetery.
- Get loud and #STAYLOUD with Skullcandy’s latest behind the scenes video of Diarrhea Planet’s insane Bowery Ballroom show.
- NASHVILLE! JEFF The Brotherhood r back in town and playing The Basement East TOMORROW with Mom and Dad and Spodee Boy and if we don’t see you there crowdsurfin yer hearts out then I mean what are we even doing here buddy??? Tickets. Now. Show. Tomorrow. See you then.
- DP is out on the road once again! Things are kicking off at Sound on Sound Fest in Texas tomorrow, then headed out further west with the dudes in Lovely Bad Things. Check out them dates here and get your tix!
- Peep some pics of NASHVILLE YOUTH CULTURE by ya girl Wrenne Evans on TMRW Magazine. They are a) very dope because she is very talented and b) full of young punks we love. #RIPJAWWS
- Our buddy Perry Shall, who you definitely know as the artist behind a ton of JEFF The Brotherhood and Diarrhea Planet album covers and t-shirts, got a sick feature in Bandcamp Daily last week. Get the scoop on how he got into making his brilliant art here.
- Two of our fav bands, Big Surr and Savoy Motel, are in The Deli Nashville’s Artist of the Month poll. We can’t tell you how to vote, but we can tell you TO vote. Cuz November’s the time to do it!
- Radio shows you’ll catch us listenin to: INDIE ROCK HIT PARADE! Tonight at 11 PM EST/10 PM CST, hear Diarrhea Planet shred their way through the WXPN studios!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 9/10 - 9/16 September 16 2016, 0 Comments
- OH SHIT IT’S HERE. TRIALS, THE DEBUT ALBUM BY CROSS COUNTRY! If you're like us, you've probably already been streaming it non-stop on IMPOSE Magazine, who called it “a brief yet powerful album of luscious pop straight out of the garage" in their premiere earlier this week. But now you can get yr paws on that crystal clear cassette here, or do the digital thing at iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, and wherever else music is 1s and 0s.
- If you’re lucky enough to be in Ohio, you got TWO tape release show options. You can catch em TONIGHT in Cincinnati with Earring, Leggy, and Rose Hip (FB EVENT). Or you can see em in their hometown of Oxford on the 29th with Pool Holograph, Smut, and Hidden Places (FB EVENT). HIT IT!
- Cross Country got that “best new music of the week” nod from Post Trash, who said their first single was “destined to be on all your road trip mixes." And that's the dang truth.
- Wanna wish a HAPPY RELEASE DAY to Natural Child and Left & Right! You can pick up Natural Child’s new record Okey Dokey on their website or at their release show tonight. To celebrate, we put Bodyswitchers and 1971 LPs on sale for only $9.99 so you can get all the NC you need! Now, Left & Right's Infinity Cat Cassette Series tape has been sold out for ages. Which tells you that you oughta head over to WarHen Records to pick up their new record The Yips right away!
- TOMORROW’S OUR GARAGE ROCK SALE. We’re getting rid of all the cool weird stuff we’ve accumulated over the past six years at 467 Humphreys St. Like vintage movie posters, monopoly sets from different countries, guitars and pedals, books and CDs and clothes galore. Something for everyone! And everything for cheap! For more info, check out the FB event. Early bird specials start at 8 am!
- While you’re on fb, make sure to RSVP for our last ever Wedgewood/Houston art show on October 7th. A huuuuuge collaboration between Bob the Fatherhood (artist name: R.E. Orrall) and 20+ artists called THE KITCHEN. Check out the FB event for the whole story but suffice to say we are SUPER stoked for this and can’t wait for you to see all these artists’ hard work!
- JTB kicks off their tour tonight and this one’s gonna be a good one. They’ve got Music Band on a slew of their US dates and they’re headed back to Europe! Peep them dates here and get your tix now!
- Music Band will have copies of their “I Was Like” 7”, which is pretty much fall wrapped up in a 7” polybag. (Much better than a pumpkin spice latte.) These are the last copies, so grab one or forever hold your peace!
- Speaking of Music Band, we got a new Spotify mix for you to check out! It’s called “Indie Songs for Slackers” and it features their hit “Don’t Call Upon Me”. Seems like the perfect Friday playlist, right? Stream it here.
- Shouts out to Nashville Cream, Grimey's, Third Man, and everyone else involved in the Cream’s 10th anniversary party last week. It was INSANE. And the rain turned out to be a blessing in disguise, since everyone had to pack in to watch JTB play The Basement for the first time since they were kids! Head over to The Cream (duh) for pics and video!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 9/3 - 9/9 September 09 2016, 0 Comments
- START OFF YR WEEKEND WITH CROSS COUNTRY’S NEW SINGLE “ALONE.” It’s a quick and clean “angular, sorta-skronky indie rock” ditty that’s catchy as heck and is gonna give you the motivation to get through Friday work and ON TO YOUR WEEKEND. Hear the premiere on Brooklyn Vegan, and snag one of our last Cassette Series subscriptions here!
- Cross Country’s last single “Grass Stain” was featured on Mad Mackerel’s “Nickel In The Jukebox” roundup and given the VRY SML TRK RVW treatment on Small Albums! Stream that joyous tune here.
- Infinity Cat Cassette Series alum Faux Ferocious announced the release of their first vinyl LP, Cloning The Rubicon! Out October 21 on Striped Light Records, you can preorder the record on Bandcamp. And if yr itching for some Faux Ferocious in the meantime, you can also pick up a copy of their self-titled ICCS tape here!
- Overblown named JEFF The Brotherhood’s ZONE one of their best albums of August, saying “If this album could be any more textured, bits of it would physically crumble out of your speakers.” Honestly, we wouldn’t be too shocked if that did happen!
- Daddy Issues got added to Spotify’s BADASS WOMYN playlist and lemme tell ya, this playlist is indeed BADASS and totally worth blastin through yr speakers. Thanks Spotify!
- SNL wants to know who your dream musical guests are, and of course, y’all have bombarded them with tweets requesting Diarrhea Planet. Keep up the good work. We love ya.
- Our buds Rozwell Kid just kicked off their Australian tour with The Bennies! Peep those dates here and get yr tickets!
- Bring the Noise took it upon themselves to create their own awards for Denver’s Riot Fest and naturally, Diarrhea Planet won Best Guitar Solo. Way to go, boys!
- Our buddy Jonas (Turbo Fruits/Jimmy Cushman?/be your own PET) released his first solo song this week, a calypso-tinged tune called “Chillsesh” with Jamin on drums! Watch his motorcycle diary/music video on Nashville Cream.
- SHOWS YOU’LL CATCH US AT: C’mon, you know we’re gonna be at the Cream’s 10th Anniversary Party! JEFF The Brotherhood’s headlining the shindig at Grimey’s (on the all-ages outside stage, DUH) so come hang with us in the pit. Get yr cheapo tickets here while they last!