WEEK END ROUND UP: 9/17 - 9/23 September 23 2016, 0 Comments
- Yesterday was the first day of fall so it’s officially time for you to listen to Swell Tone’s “Fall For It” playlist. It features Cross Country’s dreamy album closer “Beams” (one of our fav tracks from their debut cassette tbh). Listen to that here, then grab a copy of Trials here!
- Cross Country’s also snagged a spot on Audiofemmes’ Best Tracks of the Week with their latest single “Alone”! Stream that sucker here.
- AC Club played a game of word association with a bunch of bands at Riot Fest, including our v own Diarrhea Planet. It’s just as great as you think it is. (“No thanks, I will pass.”)
- Paste caught up with Jake while he was on the way to Home Depot this week. They talked about Zone, but also reminisced over the beginnings of Infinity Cat and our long lost “tiny penis man” friend.
- Some of you may remember our French friend Laurent as the director behind JTB’s beautiful “Radiating Fiber Plane” video. But you may not know that he runs his own DIY label called Six Tonnes De Chair, and we’re v excited to announce that he’s releasing a new JEFF 7”!! More details coming soon, but here’s yr first look at the cover…
- JEFF and Music Band start their East coast tour on Sunday BUT TONIGHT, Music Band’s playing a show at The Shack in Virginia Beach with Lee’s dad’s band, Dogjaw. It pretty much sounds like the nicest, coolest event ever so please go and support families who rock n roll together!
- Diarrhea Planet is, of course, on tour for the foreseeable future. Their next round of dates is with Nashville buds Western Medication (who, by the way, are playing a free in-store at Third Man today at 5pm that you should definitely go to). Then they’re hitting the west coast with Lovely Bad Things. Get out those dates & get yr tix here.
- Natural Child’s tour with Faux Ferocious is a-rockin and a-rollin at full speed (dates). Both of em have their new albums with them, so make sure to pick those up— and don’t forget we’re running a sale on Natty Child’s 1971 and Bodyswitchers LPs!
- NASHVILLE! ICCS alum Left & Right’s playing The End tonight in support of their new album The Yips. (Haven’t caught The Yips yet? Whatreyouevendoingdude) Get yr tix here & we’ll see ya soon!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 9/10 - 9/16 September 16 2016, 0 Comments
- OH SHIT IT’S HERE. TRIALS, THE DEBUT ALBUM BY CROSS COUNTRY! If you're like us, you've probably already been streaming it non-stop on IMPOSE Magazine, who called it “a brief yet powerful album of luscious pop straight out of the garage" in their premiere earlier this week. But now you can get yr paws on that crystal clear cassette here, or do the digital thing at iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, and wherever else music is 1s and 0s.
- If you’re lucky enough to be in Ohio, you got TWO tape release show options. You can catch em TONIGHT in Cincinnati with Earring, Leggy, and Rose Hip (FB EVENT). Or you can see em in their hometown of Oxford on the 29th with Pool Holograph, Smut, and Hidden Places (FB EVENT). HIT IT!
- Cross Country got that “best new music of the week” nod from Post Trash, who said their first single was “destined to be on all your road trip mixes." And that's the dang truth.
- Wanna wish a HAPPY RELEASE DAY to Natural Child and Left & Right! You can pick up Natural Child’s new record Okey Dokey on their website or at their release show tonight. To celebrate, we put Bodyswitchers and 1971 LPs on sale for only $9.99 so you can get all the NC you need! Now, Left & Right's Infinity Cat Cassette Series tape has been sold out for ages. Which tells you that you oughta head over to WarHen Records to pick up their new record The Yips right away!
- TOMORROW’S OUR GARAGE ROCK SALE. We’re getting rid of all the cool weird stuff we’ve accumulated over the past six years at 467 Humphreys St. Like vintage movie posters, monopoly sets from different countries, guitars and pedals, books and CDs and clothes galore. Something for everyone! And everything for cheap! For more info, check out the FB event. Early bird specials start at 8 am!
- While you’re on fb, make sure to RSVP for our last ever Wedgewood/Houston art show on October 7th. A huuuuuge collaboration between Bob the Fatherhood (artist name: R.E. Orrall) and 20+ artists called THE KITCHEN. Check out the FB event for the whole story but suffice to say we are SUPER stoked for this and can’t wait for you to see all these artists’ hard work!
- JTB kicks off their tour tonight and this one’s gonna be a good one. They’ve got Music Band on a slew of their US dates and they’re headed back to Europe! Peep them dates here and get your tix now!
- Music Band will have copies of their “I Was Like” 7”, which is pretty much fall wrapped up in a 7” polybag. (Much better than a pumpkin spice latte.) These are the last copies, so grab one or forever hold your peace!
- Speaking of Music Band, we got a new Spotify mix for you to check out! It’s called “Indie Songs for Slackers” and it features their hit “Don’t Call Upon Me”. Seems like the perfect Friday playlist, right? Stream it here.
- Shouts out to Nashville Cream, Grimey's, Third Man, and everyone else involved in the Cream’s 10th anniversary party last week. It was INSANE. And the rain turned out to be a blessing in disguise, since everyone had to pack in to watch JTB play The Basement for the first time since they were kids! Head over to The Cream (duh) for pics and video!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 7/16 - 7/22 July 22 2016, 0 Comments
- HAPPY RELEASE DAY, TOBY COKE!!!! Kicking off the third year (!!!) of the Infinity Cat Cassette Series in style, we’ve got Toby Coke’s incredible debut album Time Negator on translucent red cassette, limited to 350 copies. As Mr. Coke says himself, don’t wait too long! Cuz we expect this one to go fast. Hear the whole thing at Brooklyn Vegan, who called it “appealing low-fi guitar pop that falls in the same universe as Wavves or Jaill, equal parts jangle, noise and big hooks.” Or more simply: “this is really good stuff.” You bet it is! Of course, it’s also available on iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music, yr favorite record store, Amazon, THE WORLD!
- Earlier in the week, IMPOSE debuted Toby Coke’s title track “Time Negator,” saying “while we aren’t short on summertime jams, there hasn’t been one quite like Toby Coke's 'Time Negator' to cross our paths in quite a while." Meanwhile, Stereogum called the first single “a biting garage-burner barking at loneliness in hopes of hearing the echo as companionship, simultaneously wounded and aggressive”.
- ANOTHER VERY IMPORTANT THING HAPPENING TODAY: WE ARE JUST A FEW HOURS AWAY FROM OUR RARITIES SALE ENDING!!! We got test pressings, we got out of print release, we got signed vinyl, we got signed bowling pins (?!), we got the rare and the funky stuff, but what we don’t got is time. Get yr bids in cuz it’s all ending at 6PM CST! And remember, a portion of the proceeds goes to benefit the Southern Girls Rock and Roll Camp! OK best of luck!
- Speaking of Southern Girls Rock & Roll Camp, check out this clip of Daddy Issues playing a new song for this week’s YEAH! campers. Just a lil preview for ya!
- Hmmmmmm it feels like maybe there’s something else happening today OH YEAH, YOU CAN PREORDER JEFF THE BROTHERHOOD’S NEW ALBUM ZONE ON DINE ALONE! At this point, we’ve lost track of how many times we’ve listened to their new single “Punishment” - if you haven’t heard it yet, listen below and then preorder now cuz we hear those colored vinyl bundles are going fast!
- Actually there’s a lot of new music coming up, and we’re stoked on ALL OF IT. Like ICCS-alums Left & Right, who debuted their new song “Sleep Show” on American Songwriter this morning. Their debut Five Year Plan remains one of our most played tapes, and we know we’re gonna feel the same about The Yips! Preorder that baby on vinyl at WarHen Records.
- Everyone knows Pizza Casey Weissbuch is a music makin machine, and he just shared a new tune from his solo project, Slanted! It’s called “Opening Number” and it’s a fuzzy pop masterpiece that you can hear on Steakhouse Records’ latest compilation. Try to listen to it just once, we dare ya.
- Natural Child also unleashed a new song this week. It’s called “Sure Is Nice” and it sure does live up to its name! Check that out on The Fader, then preorder their upcoming album Okey Dokey on their very own Natural Child Records and Tapes!
- Our buddies at URP called us up the other day to let us know that DP’s debut album Loose Jewels was gonna be their MILLIONTH RECORD PRESSED at their brand new facility. Whoa! So to celebrate, they took everyone on a tour of the new plant and DP got to help press some Loose Jewels! Check out the madness here, and yes, that means LJ is BACK IN STOCK on random color (mostly bright orange, neon yellow, and a pleasantly appropriate yellow-brown swirl) vinyl!
- SHOWS YOU’LL CATCH US AT: Got a fantastic weekend ahead of us. One of our favorite bands, Dr Pepper Blues Band, is playing with Hound (featuring our dude Perry Shall!) at Queen Ave tonight. Then tomorrow it’s the Elliston Place Street Fest, with Diarrhea Planet!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 7/9 - 7/15 July 15 2016, 0 Comments
- FIRST THING’S FIRST WE’RE TURNING 14 THIS MONTH WHICH MEANS IT’S TIME FOR ANOTHER BIRTHDAY RARITIES SALE. Starts on our eBay page today at 6 PM CST and ends next Friday at 6 PM CST. Head over to our instagram for a lil sneak peek of what we’ll be posting, been sharing some of our cool finds over the week…
- Next week is also the start of the Infinity Cat Cassette Series YEAR THREE and with it, the DEBUT ALBUM FROM TOBY COKE! And what a thought-provokin rock and rollin debut it is. Hear his newest single “Time Negator” on IMPOSE or Stereogum, then subscribe to the series here. Subscribers, we’re starting to ship out tapes and bonus items TODAY!
- On Monday, Adam from Lightning 100 named Music Band’s “Day Stealer” his DJ pick of the day! He said “Music Band is the kind of group that restores a cynical, ear-abused music listener into a plucky, green wannabe savant again. Honest, spontaneous, listenable and plain good.” Check out the rest here!
- Myspace made listed some Modern Artists Who Prove Punk Isn’t Dead and you KNOW Diarrhea Planet’s on that Top 8 for “embracing the proud rock and roll tradition of excess”!
- Speaking of DP, we met our first GOLDEN TICKET finder this week! Congrats to Morgan, who found his lucky copy of Turn To Gold in a record store in Charlotte, NC and just went home with a buncha rare DP goodies. Good news for you is that means there’s still 9 tickets out there lookin for a home. So pick up a copy of Turn To Gold on vinyl and GOOD LUCK!
- We’re usually on top of reviews, but some times they slip through the cracks. Like this one on “Radiating Fiber Plane” from RazMataz Magazine! They called the boys’ music a “technicolour stew,” which put a smile on our face this week. Read the rest (and listen to the single) here.
- By now you know Natural Child is releasing their new album, Okey Dokey, on 9/16 on their very own Natural Child Records and Tapes. But did you know they’re following it up with a fall tour with Faux Ferocious? Now those are some must-see shows! So check out the dates here and make sure you see em.
- Ya dude Stephen Thompson just posted his full video of Music Band’s album release show. Multi-cam super hi-res video and duh, excellent tunes. Let Music Band get you through your Friday afternoon.
- Make sure to stop by the Yazoo Taproom this weekend! They’re serving up a special Exit/In inspired brew, paired with a celebratory 45th year 45 featuring Diarrhea Planet and Billy Joe Shaver. But only while supplies last, so really, we’ll see ya there!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 6/18 - 6/24 June 24 2016, 0 CommentsTHE CHARTS ARE TURNING TO GOLD! WHICH CHARTS? ALL OF THEM!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 5/7 - 5/13 May 13 2016, 0 CommentsSTART YR SUMMER OFF WITH A BRAND SPANKIN NEW COLLEEN GREEN EP!!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 4/16 - 4/22 April 22 2016, 0 CommentsGREEN IS GOOOOOOOOD
WEEK END ROUND UP: 3/7 - 3/15 March 13 2015, 0 CommentsJEFF preorders are SOLD OUT. Diarrhea Planet one of AP's "100 bands to watch"!
SOUTH BY SOUTHSHRED 2015 March 09 2015, 0 CommentsRUNNING LIST OF ALL OUR BANDS' SXSW SHOWS + SET TIMES!!!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 1/10 - 1/16 January 16 2015, 0 CommentsWe're getting Wasted on the Dream here at Infinity Cat. No really! We preordered JEFF's new album Wasted on the Dream from Warner Bros!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 11/29 - 12/5 December 05 2014, 0 CommentsLesson learned: don't make bets on the internet.
WEEK END ROUND UP: 9/20 - 9/26 September 26 2014, 0 CommentsWe said we were hittin ya with a new Diarrhea Planet track every month and boy did we MEAN IT
WEEK END ROUND UP: 8/9 - 8/15 August 15 2014, 0 Commentsinfinity cat bands are taking over yr TV sets, from Marc Jacobs Intl to Basketball Wives: LA. no joke, my dudes!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 7/5 - 7/11 July 11 2014, 0 CommentsSPLISH SPLASH WE'RE TAKIN A trip to the post office to send out Guerilla Toss tapes
WEEK END ROUND UP: 5/30 - 6/6 June 06 2014, 0 CommentsLong time no round up. BUT DO WE HAVE NEWS FOR YOU!!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 5/2 - 5/9 May 09 2014, 0 Commentsstream the new Ed Schrader's Music Beat track "Pink Moons," download some Music Band for free, snag some tie-dye Peach Kelli Pop vinyl....
WEEK END ROUND UP: 3/29 - 4/4 April 04 2014, 0 CommentsLots of Very Important News, like, oh, I dunno, NEW JEFF TOUR DATES.
NO FOOLIN LOTS OF TOURIN April 03 2014, 0 CommentsDates + tix for Denney and the Jets, Diarrhea Planet, Ed Schrader's Music Beat, Gnarwhal, Natural Child, Peach Kelli Pop, and Study Hall
WEEK END ROUND UP: 3/22 - 3/28 March 28 2014, 0 CommentsBob the Fatherhood's TV debut. Wrenne's meat debut.
WEEK END ROUND UP: 3/8 - 3/14 March 14 2014, 0 CommentsThe Washington Post calls Diarrhea Planet the BEST motherfucking band on the planet (or something like that)
SOUTH BY SOUTH SHRED 2014 March 11 2014, 0 Comments5 BANDS. 29 SHOWS. NONSTOP PARTY TIME FOREVER.
WEEK END ROUND UP: 2/1-2/7 February 07 2014, 0 CommentsNEW SHIRTS, NEW SINGLES, LOVE STUFF, BOOTY STUFF
WEEK END ROUND UP: 1/18-1/24 January 24 2014, 0 CommentsTHIS WEEK: JAKE'S B-DAY, V-DAY, BIG TOURS, BIG SURR.
WEEK END ROUND UP: 1/11-1/17 January 17 2014, 0 CommentsTouring and streaming and recording and releasing and IT'S A BEEN A BUSY WEEK
- Page 1 of 3