OUR ANNUAL RARITIES SALE IS A GOOOOOOO November 25 2016, 0 Comments
HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY!! Or really, Happy Start Of Our Annual Rarities Sale Benefiting The Southern Girls Rock Camp Day. That's right, our ebay is FILLED with Infinity Cat rarities galore! Like pretty much every test pressing that exists, from Boys R Back in Town and Not Rocket Science to Wake Up Laughing and Turn To Gold. Like props from JEFF The Brotherhood's "In My Mouth" music video, Jamin's original watercolor that later became Be Your Own Pet's cover art, posters and plagues that adorned the old Infinity Cathouse. Like every out of print Daddy Issues release (signed!) in one big ol pack, that historic The Sex/Jimmy Cushman? split CD (sealed!), the last copies of OG out of print/tour only JTB 7"s. We're even selling Jake's old Epiphone! This is gonna be the biggest, baddest Rarities Sale of all. As always, the bidding starts at 99 cents and a portion of the proceeds goes to the Southern Girls Rock Camp. The auction ends at noon next Friday, so bid early, bid often, and GOOD LUCK!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 11/12 - 11/18 November 18 2016, 0 Comments
- Yo we cannot BELIEVE that it's almost Thanksgiving and Black Friday and therefore, our annual Rarities Sale benefiting the Southern Girls Rock n Roll Camp!! We've been pulling some great stuff for you guys this week, like some very rare test pressings, original artwork, an entire guitar, and much much more. Keep an eye on our eBay page and our socials for more info coming soon!
- Black Friday will also see the release of a special set of black-on-black cassettes. That's right, Breast Massage's Cruisin' For Filth is the latest installment of our Infinity Cat Cassette Series and they are loud and dark as heck. Check out the first single on Stereogum. And ICCS subscribers, your tapes are on the way!
- Boston, you lucky ducks. You get to ring in the new year with the one and only DIARRHEA PLANET. They're playing The Sinclair on NYE with Vundabar and tickets are ON SALE NOW! Trust us, we've spent a lot of New Years Eves in a DP mosh pit and that is NOT something you wanna miss!
- Speaking of Diarrhea Planet, this Buzzfeed quiz popped into our brains this week: "Which Member of Diarrhea Planet Are You?" Not sure why, but we're glad it did. And for the record, we used to be Brent but now we're Hodan. We love both!
- ICCS alum SWIM TEAM will be headed out on the road this December. Check out those dates here and give em a warm welcome!! And remember, we are SOLD OUT of their debut cassette so catchin em on tour's the only way you can guarantee you get a copy!
- OK, we get that for some of you, winter might not be your thing. It's cold. Gets dark early. Can't blame ya. So here's something to look forward to in the spring: SAVANNAH STOPOVER. Both JTB and Daddy Issues are playing, which means you're in for a guaranteed good time!
- Upset Magazine sat down with JEFF The Brotherhood to talk about their journey of 15+ years in the music industry. It's as frank and self-deprecating as you'd expect from the J-Bros. Great, honest read.
- Our buddies at WXNA are in the middle of their first ever pledge drive. If you dig their radio shows (shouts out 80s Schmaties, which we're listening to as we write this!) or if you just wanna support community radio, you can support them here!
- Our old pals Big Surr have a new single out called "Sometimes." Like their dreamy (sold out- sorry!) Econoline 7" of yesteryear, it's a laid-back bit of pop that'll put you in the dancin mood! Check it out on She Shreds.
- SHOWS YOU'LL CATCH US AT: we're making the trek down to ATL this weekend to catch Daddy Issues with Diet Cig and World's Greatest Dad. Diet Dads? Greatest Daddy Cig? Whatever you wanna call it, we call it a dang good time. Get yr tix and join us!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 7/16 - 7/22 July 22 2016, 0 Comments
- HAPPY RELEASE DAY, TOBY COKE!!!! Kicking off the third year (!!!) of the Infinity Cat Cassette Series in style, we’ve got Toby Coke’s incredible debut album Time Negator on translucent red cassette, limited to 350 copies. As Mr. Coke says himself, don’t wait too long! Cuz we expect this one to go fast. Hear the whole thing at Brooklyn Vegan, who called it “appealing low-fi guitar pop that falls in the same universe as Wavves or Jaill, equal parts jangle, noise and big hooks.” Or more simply: “this is really good stuff.” You bet it is! Of course, it’s also available on iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music, yr favorite record store, Amazon, THE WORLD!
- Earlier in the week, IMPOSE debuted Toby Coke’s title track “Time Negator,” saying “while we aren’t short on summertime jams, there hasn’t been one quite like Toby Coke's 'Time Negator' to cross our paths in quite a while." Meanwhile, Stereogum called the first single “a biting garage-burner barking at loneliness in hopes of hearing the echo as companionship, simultaneously wounded and aggressive”.
- ANOTHER VERY IMPORTANT THING HAPPENING TODAY: WE ARE JUST A FEW HOURS AWAY FROM OUR RARITIES SALE ENDING!!! We got test pressings, we got out of print release, we got signed vinyl, we got signed bowling pins (?!), we got the rare and the funky stuff, but what we don’t got is time. Get yr bids in cuz it’s all ending at 6PM CST! And remember, a portion of the proceeds goes to benefit the Southern Girls Rock and Roll Camp! OK best of luck!
- Speaking of Southern Girls Rock & Roll Camp, check out this clip of Daddy Issues playing a new song for this week’s YEAH! campers. Just a lil preview for ya!
- Hmmmmmm it feels like maybe there’s something else happening today OH YEAH, YOU CAN PREORDER JEFF THE BROTHERHOOD’S NEW ALBUM ZONE ON DINE ALONE! At this point, we’ve lost track of how many times we’ve listened to their new single “Punishment” - if you haven’t heard it yet, listen below and then preorder now cuz we hear those colored vinyl bundles are going fast!
- Actually there’s a lot of new music coming up, and we’re stoked on ALL OF IT. Like ICCS-alums Left & Right, who debuted their new song “Sleep Show” on American Songwriter this morning. Their debut Five Year Plan remains one of our most played tapes, and we know we’re gonna feel the same about The Yips! Preorder that baby on vinyl at WarHen Records.
- Everyone knows Pizza Casey Weissbuch is a music makin machine, and he just shared a new tune from his solo project, Slanted! It’s called “Opening Number” and it’s a fuzzy pop masterpiece that you can hear on Steakhouse Records’ latest compilation. Try to listen to it just once, we dare ya.
- Natural Child also unleashed a new song this week. It’s called “Sure Is Nice” and it sure does live up to its name! Check that out on The Fader, then preorder their upcoming album Okey Dokey on their very own Natural Child Records and Tapes!
- Our buddies at URP called us up the other day to let us know that DP’s debut album Loose Jewels was gonna be their MILLIONTH RECORD PRESSED at their brand new facility. Whoa! So to celebrate, they took everyone on a tour of the new plant and DP got to help press some Loose Jewels! Check out the madness here, and yes, that means LJ is BACK IN STOCK on random color (mostly bright orange, neon yellow, and a pleasantly appropriate yellow-brown swirl) vinyl!
- SHOWS YOU’LL CATCH US AT: Got a fantastic weekend ahead of us. One of our favorite bands, Dr Pepper Blues Band, is playing with Hound (featuring our dude Perry Shall!) at Queen Ave tonight. Then tomorrow it’s the Elliston Place Street Fest, with Diarrhea Planet!
IT'S OUR BIRTHDAY WE CAN PUT A BUNCHA RARITIES ON EBAY IF WE WANT 2 July 18 2016, 0 Comments
Our birthday is on Wednesday & you know what that means.... BIRTHDAY RARITIES SALE!! We dug out some real funky goods for ya this time around, like the optical illustion JEFF stamper we used on Byzantine Empire CD-Rs and smushed up DP vinyl and a lot of Bobs. Of course, we've got test pressings and signed records galore and extra-rare stuff like JEFF The Brotherhood's first album I Like You on hand-assembled CD-R (!!!). There's something for everybody. Including you. So get to bidding! And as always, a portion of the proceeds will go to the fine folks at Southern Girls Rock & Roll Camp. Let the girls rock!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 7/9 - 7/15 July 15 2016, 0 Comments
- FIRST THING’S FIRST WE’RE TURNING 14 THIS MONTH WHICH MEANS IT’S TIME FOR ANOTHER BIRTHDAY RARITIES SALE. Starts on our eBay page today at 6 PM CST and ends next Friday at 6 PM CST. Head over to our instagram for a lil sneak peek of what we’ll be posting, been sharing some of our cool finds over the week…
- Next week is also the start of the Infinity Cat Cassette Series YEAR THREE and with it, the DEBUT ALBUM FROM TOBY COKE! And what a thought-provokin rock and rollin debut it is. Hear his newest single “Time Negator” on IMPOSE or Stereogum, then subscribe to the series here. Subscribers, we’re starting to ship out tapes and bonus items TODAY!
- On Monday, Adam from Lightning 100 named Music Band’s “Day Stealer” his DJ pick of the day! He said “Music Band is the kind of group that restores a cynical, ear-abused music listener into a plucky, green wannabe savant again. Honest, spontaneous, listenable and plain good.” Check out the rest here!
- Myspace made listed some Modern Artists Who Prove Punk Isn’t Dead and you KNOW Diarrhea Planet’s on that Top 8 for “embracing the proud rock and roll tradition of excess”!
- Speaking of DP, we met our first GOLDEN TICKET finder this week! Congrats to Morgan, who found his lucky copy of Turn To Gold in a record store in Charlotte, NC and just went home with a buncha rare DP goodies. Good news for you is that means there’s still 9 tickets out there lookin for a home. So pick up a copy of Turn To Gold on vinyl and GOOD LUCK!
- We’re usually on top of reviews, but some times they slip through the cracks. Like this one on “Radiating Fiber Plane” from RazMataz Magazine! They called the boys’ music a “technicolour stew,” which put a smile on our face this week. Read the rest (and listen to the single) here.
- By now you know Natural Child is releasing their new album, Okey Dokey, on 9/16 on their very own Natural Child Records and Tapes. But did you know they’re following it up with a fall tour with Faux Ferocious? Now those are some must-see shows! So check out the dates here and make sure you see em.
- Ya dude Stephen Thompson just posted his full video of Music Band’s album release show. Multi-cam super hi-res video and duh, excellent tunes. Let Music Band get you through your Friday afternoon.
- Make sure to stop by the Yazoo Taproom this weekend! They’re serving up a special Exit/In inspired brew, paired with a celebratory 45th year 45 featuring Diarrhea Planet and Billy Joe Shaver. But only while supplies last, so really, we’ll see ya there!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 7/2 - 7/8 July 08 2016, 0 Comments
- It’s been a hell of a week. Nashvillians, Black Lives Matter will be hosting a vigil for Alton Sterling and Philando Castile tonight from 7-8:30 PM at public square. If you’re able, please meet between 5-6:30 at Fort Houston for a pre-vigil meet up and march downtown. They’re providing candles and supplies for making signs but bring your own if you can. We’ll be heading over to the Fort from Infinity Cat around 6 and you’re welcome to park here and walk over with us.
- OK on to the light stuff. Lots of tour updates for ya. First up, Music Band and Faux Ferocious kicked off their lil weekend tour last night, stopping in Chattanooga and Athens next. Click click for info & tix.
- Meanwhile, Daddy Issues just announced a buncha fall dates with Tacocat (including, duh, their Nashville show at the East Room) - check those out here! And while you’re at it, pick up their Japan-only CD at 2670 Records!
- At long last, DP is finally making it overseas! They’re playing Mirrors fest in London in October along with some great bands like Allah-Las, Fucked Up, Cherry Glazerr, and more. UK fans, tix are on sale now!
- We’re back with another great DP video interview, courtesy of A Music Blog Yeah. This time it’s Evan and Mike behind the microphones, serving up pure gold. Watch below!
- Almost a month later and the reviews for Turn To Gold keep coming in! Sound It Out says “Diarrhea Planet should surely satisfy your air-guitar itch” (can confirm, totally does) and also uses the phrase “Night Ranger-style guitar heroics” which is just plain cool. Read up here!
- Tomorrow’s Verse dropped this one about Turn To Gold: “Diarrhea Planet has evolved into a band of epic proportions, evolving compositionally and technically into a band that is quickly becoming a classic by modern day standards.” Heck yeah! Read the rest of their review here and if ya haven’t picked up this modern day classic, what are you even doing dude?!
- We Own This Town is one of our favorite local blogs AND one of our favorite mix-makers. Check out their latest (VOLUME 76!) here, featuring ya boys Music Band!
- Our buddies Exit/In are celebrating their 45th birthday with a HUGE STREET FEST FEATURING DIARRHEA PLANET AND A BUNCHA OTHER GREAT BANDS. It’s a cheapo $10 for GA or you can enter to win VIP tix thanks to No Country For New Nashville (who, we might add, said “if you haven’t yet seen the live spectacle that is Diarrhea Planet, you are pretty much failing at being a Nashville rock fan.” Ain’t that the truth!)
- Speaking of birthdays, hey! We turn 14 this month! And we're celebrating by doing our favorite things, like hand-assembling fun limited edition versions of records and DJing at Duke's! So we're DJing at Duke's. Monday the 11th 10PM-3AM. Be there!