WEEK END ROUND UP: 12/2 - 12/9 December 09 2016, 0 Comments
- BIGGEST NEWS O THE WEEK! We are oh so very excited to announce Yucky Duster as our next Cassette Series band!! Their new single “Elementary School Dropout” premiered on Stereogum on Monday and lemme tell ya, it’s 100% guaranteed to put a smile on that face of yours! Duster’s Lament is out 1/13 on ltd ed sunshine yellow tape, but if you wanna make sure you get a copy in your mailbox come January, you can snag one of our last Cassette Series Subscriptions right here.
- We ain’t the only ones lovin’ on Yucky Duster. The Grey Estates called their new single “the sweetest ode to being the bad kid ever” (among some other v v nice things) and Spanish blog Mindies said they “canta a todas esas cosas tediosas de nuestras vidas de una forma siempre entusiasta, adoptando la frescura propia del power pop sin adherirse al género totalmente.” (Practice your high school Spanish CUZ WE’RE GOIN GLOBAL!!)
- Speaking of the Cassette Series, Gold Flake Paint named Cross Country’s Trials one of their Essential Tapes of 2016! If you haven’t picked up their debut tape on crystal clear cassette, you can either snag it on its own OR as part of our holiday tape bundles. Either way, you just gotta DOO IT!
- Post-Trash also reviewed Cross Country’s album, calling it “a considerable step up for the band, both in terms of song-craft and instrumental prowess.” Check that out here!
- Next week, JEFF The Brotherhood’s headed out on a mini-tour round the south! Check out those dates & tix here, and GO SEE A SHOW. Maybe you’ll even be able to catch the elusive yeti…
- Diarrhea Planet announced another date on their trek to their New Year Eve bash at The Sinclair. Peep those dates & tix here.
- Treble showing a lot of love and spittin a lot of truth in their Best of 2016 lists. “Bob Dylan’s Grandma” came in at #69 on their list of Best Songs, while Turn To Gold itself swung it at #34 on their list of Best Albums. Both posts are Recommended Reading for their glorious descriptions of DP.
- Another year, another Year In Band Names. At this point, it’s an Infinity Cat rite of passage to make AV Club’s list of bad band names so we’d like to give our congratulations to MUSIC BAND for making the list this year! (And shouts out to Nashville buds like Soccer Mommy, Goth Babe, Meth Dad, and more for also making the list.)
- FRIENDLY REMINDERS: YOU ARE AN INCREDIBLE HUMAN BEING, AND WE HAVE SOME SICK HOLIDAY BUNDLES ON SALE NOW WITH LOTS OF LIMITED EDITION, COLORED, NUMBERED, AND/OR PREVIOUSLY SOLD OUT RELEASES INCLUDED
WEEK END ROUND UP: 9/17 - 9/23 September 23 2016, 0 Comments
- Yesterday was the first day of fall so it’s officially time for you to listen to Swell Tone’s “Fall For It” playlist. It features Cross Country’s dreamy album closer “Beams” (one of our fav tracks from their debut cassette tbh). Listen to that here, then grab a copy of Trials here!
- Cross Country’s also snagged a spot on Audiofemmes’ Best Tracks of the Week with their latest single “Alone”! Stream that sucker here.
- AC Club played a game of word association with a bunch of bands at Riot Fest, including our v own Diarrhea Planet. It’s just as great as you think it is. (“No thanks, I will pass.”)
- Paste caught up with Jake while he was on the way to Home Depot this week. They talked about Zone, but also reminisced over the beginnings of Infinity Cat and our long lost “tiny penis man” friend.
- Some of you may remember our French friend Laurent as the director behind JTB’s beautiful “Radiating Fiber Plane” video. But you may not know that he runs his own DIY label called Six Tonnes De Chair, and we’re v excited to announce that he’s releasing a new JEFF 7”!! More details coming soon, but here’s yr first look at the cover…
- JEFF and Music Band start their East coast tour on Sunday BUT TONIGHT, Music Band’s playing a show at The Shack in Virginia Beach with Lee’s dad’s band, Dogjaw. It pretty much sounds like the nicest, coolest event ever so please go and support families who rock n roll together!
- Diarrhea Planet is, of course, on tour for the foreseeable future. Their next round of dates is with Nashville buds Western Medication (who, by the way, are playing a free in-store at Third Man today at 5pm that you should definitely go to). Then they’re hitting the west coast with Lovely Bad Things. Get out those dates & get yr tix here.
- Natural Child’s tour with Faux Ferocious is a-rockin and a-rollin at full speed (dates). Both of em have their new albums with them, so make sure to pick those up— and don’t forget we’re running a sale on Natty Child’s 1971 and Bodyswitchers LPs!
- NASHVILLE! ICCS alum Left & Right’s playing The End tonight in support of their new album The Yips. (Haven’t caught The Yips yet? Whatreyouevendoingdude) Get yr tix here & we’ll see ya soon!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 8/27 - 9/2 September 02 2016, 0 Comments
- We’re finally getting the first hints of fall weather this morning, which led us to a v important discovery… CROSS COUNTRY IS FANTASTIC MUSIC FOR CRUISIN AROUND W THE WINDOWS DOWN WHEN IT’S NICE & BREEZY OUT. Try it. It’ll put a big ol smile on your face. Just jump over to Gold Flake Paint for the premiere of their first single “Grass Stain” and turn it up LOUD!
- Cross Country’s tape comes out September 16th on ltd ed crystal clear cassette as part of the Infinity Cat Cassette Series, which by the way only has a handful of subscriptions still available. Subscribe to the series to guarantee a copy of each of this year’s tapes, plus a super secret bonus item from each band, plus an extra bonus item from us (a “Come and Drink It Now With Us” koozie). That’s SIX tapes and SEVEN bonus goodies. NO BRAINER!
- Speaking of cassettes, we decided to up the ante on Cassette Store Day this year and release a TWO CASSETTE SET of JTB’s Global Chakra Rhythms! These babies are limited to 200 hand-numbered copies, on white cassettes with teal and purple imprints (to mirror the original beautiful and super sold out 2-LP colored vinyl), encased in a sick 2-in-1 butterfly box. Out 10/8 wherever cassettes are sold!
- The Tuffest of Guses, Ian Bush, answered Riot Fest’s 10 Questions on music, snacks, and festival survival. Check out his words of wisdom (“Nobody should only read one book,” “never mix psychedelics with redbull vodkas”) here.
- Some of y’all back-to-schoolers asked us about rock n roll backpack decorations and the answer is no, we do not have patches, but YES, WE DO HAVE NEON 5-COLOR PIN SETS. We’ll also throw in a CATFLAG sticker just cuz!
- THE RUMORS ARE TRUE: WE ARE MOVING! Out with the old and in with the new Cathouse. “Out with the old” meaning we are having a “garage rock sale” on September 17th and you are invited. We have amassed an astounding collection of STUFF over the years and we don’t wanna move ANY of it, so come and get it!
- Nashville!!! Music Band’s playing Lightning 100’s THUNDERGROUND at Basement East next week and it’s ONLY $3 thanks to the fine folks at PBR and Pickers Vodka. So pick up your tickets now bc there’s no better deal than this!
- ICCS alum Left & Right are gearing up to release their new album, The Yips, and you can hear the latest single “Mouse Drum” on Stereogum. Not only CAN YOU but YOU SHOULD. And then you should preorder the vinyl from WarHen Records. We did, and we can’t wait for it to get here!
- Our JEFF the Brotherhood ZONED OUT sale has been extended through Labor Day Weekend! If it’s JEFF, it’s ON SALE. And if it’s not ON SALE, then it’s SOLD OUT. And that’s the truth!
- Tomorrow will be our LAST OFFICIAL ART CRAWL SHOWING, so come on over and check out “The Outsiders,” a collection of Outsider Art curated by the one and only Robert Ellis Orrall. As always, it will be a fun and free event filled with art, beer, snacks, music, and friendship. And afterwards, catch our buddies Savoy Motel and Goth Babe at Fort Houston!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 8/1 - 8/7 August 07 2015, 0 CommentsCome for the records, stay for the poop jokes
FREE PIE FOR ALL! March 31 2015, 0 CommentsOkay okay, not real free pie but there are three ways you can get JEFF the Brotherhood's "Black Cherry Pie" for free, right now, mp3-style.
WEEK END ROUND UP: 3/21 - 3/27 March 27 2015, 0 CommentsEverybody's getting Wasted!
WEEK END ROUND UP: 12/13 - 12/26 December 26 2014, 0 CommentsMERRY WHATEVER HOLIDAY YOU CELEBRATE
WEEK END ROUND UP: 7/26 - 8/1 August 01 2014, 0 CommentsBEEN A BUSY WEEK Y'ALL, DANG
STORE-ONLY T'S: 3 DAYS ONLY! NEW LOOSE JEWELS! June 28 2013, 1 CommentUPDATE: T-SHIRTS GONE!
BILLBOARD: INFINITY CAT #10 OF "50 BEST INDIE LABELS" August 18 2011, 4 Comments
Billboard magazine ranked our mighty little label at #10 in their list of the "50 Best Indie Labels in America". We're liking that. A lot. And we're thinking that maybe you're just discovering us and want to catch up. So for a limited time, we're offering a 6 album package of vinyl awesome-ness for a great price! "Heavy Days" JEFF The Brotherhood, "Peach Kelli Pop" Peach Kelli Pop, "Welcome to Hell Beach" Hell Beach, "1971" Natural Child, "Danny" Heavy Cream, and "Not Rocket Science" be your own PET. Add them all up and you'd be looking at 63 bucks. But you can buy the six-pack for 49! (more for international orders). Get caught up by clicking right HERE. Thanks for the shout-out, Billboard!